Bought a sno-cone machine

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

Bought a sno-cone machine

Postby jlgrafix » Jun 30, 2004 10:34 am

As I was flipping through the Sunday paper I noticed Target had a sno cone machine on sale for $8, so I finally got out today and bought one.

So far it's working great! I have been eating alot of those cheap popcicles...seems the only way I can get fluids. So this is just something alittle different.

Just thought I would share, might be worth a try.

Jen
----------------
Jen
DS 9-01 (HG from weeks 6-32)
Due with DD Jan 12, 05 (HG started at 6 weeks and still going)
jlgrafix

Postby Cheri » Jun 30, 2004 12:31 pm

Jen,
I've lived on sno cones for about a month now. They sure work well.

However, they are certainly not something I normally would eat when not pg!!

My Mom saw me eating one & couldn't believe I could stand it!

Hmmm...popsicles sound good too...may have to send dh out :lol:
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby jlgrafix » Jun 30, 2004 12:41 pm

I'll tell ya, I feel so much better even after just the one. I have been able to eat some solids but it seemed every time I drank water I would toss it up.

I could tell I was getting dehydrated, and now so much better. I can't believe I didn't think of trying it earlier :wink:

Me too, I don't think I would eat them if I wasn't prego, but it did remind me of my childhood days and my snoppy snocone machine.
----------------
Jen
jlgrafix

Is it just me?

Postby mokibeth » Jul 03, 2004 12:47 am

Do y'all get sick drinking water too? Popsicles, great. And even if I feel fine after successfully eating something if I try to choke down some water I ALWAYS get sick. Seems dumb huh? Lemme know.
Sno Cone Sista-
Casey
mokibeth

Postby Cheri » Jul 04, 2004 11:46 am

Water?? You mean you're supposed to drink that stuff??!!! :oops:

I can't drink water during the worst...but whatever I manage to get down has to be very, very cold!!
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Wow

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 06, 2004 1:50 am

You girls are lucky, all the dye makes me sick, but a sno cone sounds so good. I've been drinking water for two days now but it has to be almost like a slushy. I was wondering if I should eat everything frozen.
Valerie
Valerie Cruz

Postby Mar2 » Jul 06, 2004 3:30 pm

Jen/Christy - I couldn't drink much of anything either...especially water...UGH!! But for about 5 months, the only non-TPN/IV sustenance my body received was from Bazooka bubble gum and strawberry Shasta sno-cones/icees. My mom found my sno-cone maker at Target too--Rival was the manufacturer. You can order them on-line if you are too sick to shop.

Valerie - Some HGers require their liquids/food to be warm or hot...others require everything to be icy cold. You must go with whatever your body doesn't reject even it is not remotely nutritious. I was never able to find much of anything that worked for me, but I think the most successful HGers think in terms of broad adjectives like salty, sweet, hot, cold, etc. They do not think about specific foods until they find an adjective that doesn't make them sick. If the words "frozen" and "icy" do not make you sick, then that may be the road for you. Also, I think a lot of women find that a food/drink sounds acceptable one minute, but sounds terrible/comes up 30 minutes later. So if you can enlist your friends/family to get your food/beverage of choice the minute you think it sounds OK, then you might have a better chance of keeping it down. I think it is also helpful to remember some women have more luck trying foods/drinks then others. So if it nothing works for you, please know that you have not failed. I think the HGers who get even just a few minutes of temporary relief after vomiting, have the best luck when it comes to finding foods that stay down. The ones who vomit and stay nauseous or the ones with dominating nausea and little vomit, seem to have a harder time finding something that works. I suppose that seems obvious now that I look back, but it wasn't when I was in the throes of HG and blaming myself for not finding something nutritious.

Best of luck to all of you trying to find something-- anything to keep down.
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

Postby Kschwintz » Jul 15, 2004 2:52 pm

A sno cone machine is a great idea!!

When I had HG, the only thing I could drink for 3 months was White Cherry Icees from Target. My poor husband even called the Icee distributor to see if we could lease a machine!! Only through hg....
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Postby jlgrafix » Jul 15, 2004 3:18 pm

MMM a white cherry icee sound good right now :-)

On my way to bring my son for a check-up, might just have to stop on the way home for one.
Jen
----------------
Jen
jlgrafix

Postby Kschwintz » Jul 15, 2004 3:34 pm

Target was 15 miles away from us and my husband would buy like 4 larges at a time. I bet they thought he was absolutely crazy... Especially when he just quit showing up to buy them!!
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Postby emily » Jul 15, 2004 4:43 pm

Well, I am not pregnant again yet, BUT a Sonic opened up literally at the end of our street. I told my DH I would be sending him there for lots of slushes. Hmm... I may have to go get one right now, they are half off at the moment and it is like 100 degrees!
emily
Devoted to You

Return to Foodments