What was the oddest thing you had to have? TOTAL FOODMENT

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

Postby mrsbigdog » Oct 30, 2007 8:06 am

When pg with Tree all I could stand to eat was Mexican Food (I really liked Taco Bell). That continued being a favorite through each pregnancy but with Tree that was all I could stand early on.

With all three I absolutely craved (I mean really craved) any citrus fruit. I could eat it all day long.

When HG was at its worse with Em the first foods I wanted to eat were French Toast and also apples.

Weird what we want and what works.

Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Oranges. I ate so many oranges last month

I craved oranges one night during my first pregnancy. It was the most intense craving ever. I thought I was going to die if I didn't get an orange and all the stores were closed.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby mandy » Oct 30, 2007 2:23 pm

I did the orange thing to with my 2nd pregnancy!

The thing that kept me alive was mash potato with grated cheese mixed in, or some noodles! When I could eat, that's what I had. :D (
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby Hilary » Oct 30, 2007 2:27 pm

Not oranges, but tangerines. Loath them now. Blech

My strangest craving/desperate need was a PBJ with crispy cheetos on it. Seriously, HG messed with my body, lol.
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 30, 2007 2:41 pm

I think Hilary wins for the strangest craving!
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby HGmomof4 » Nov 01, 2007 10:42 am

McDonald's chicken nuggets when I am having a good it all I want. Other days everything makes me :verygreen:.
I usually hate McDonald's, but I have had it at least 6 times this pregnancy :roll: .
Hehe it is hard to get a good pic of all the kids:)
HGmomof4
Opinionated HGer

Postby toi » Nov 01, 2007 10:59 am

You're all making me hungry, except for the pbj and cheetos. Yuck! The only thing I wanted during my entire 2nd pregnancy was lime flavored Perrier. We bought out the closest 3 grocery stores every week. It was the only thing I could keep down. I'll NEVER drink it again!!!!!
toi
Devoted to You

Postby kelley2000 » Nov 17, 2007 6:34 pm

A few weeks ago I had some really strong cravings. One day, it was chips and guacamole from Chipotle's. Another day, a taco from Chipotle, and another day it was onion rings. This week I developed a craving for a dish I cannot find anywhere, it is sometimes the Chef's special at the hospital I work at. It is a chorizo (mexican sausage) quesadilla made with cubed potatoes with salsa and sour cream on the side. I probably would only be able to take a few bites of it though. But I cannot find any restaurant around that makes this dish. That is frustrating! I would do anything just for a bite...because thats all it would take to make this craving go away.
Kelley

Molly 7/01 Bad MS
Hannah 3/03 HG until 16 weeks

Expecting #3 EDC June 20, 2008....it's a boy!

kelley2000
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Nov 17, 2007 7:59 pm

Only craving with Chris was juicy fruit gum...HAD to have it...walked to Walmart (next door) at like midnight.

With Jack, had to have green olives...always have loved them...but I also did some NASTY olive combinations...like cracker jacks and green olives. :sickfast: :sickfast:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby PamelaRose » Nov 17, 2007 9:06 pm

Hmmm, I'm thinking olives and Cracker Jack just may take the prize...though Cheetos and PBJ is definitely right up there! :lol:

Citrus cravings, yes! With the first two, it was grape juice. I was dying for grape juice; I cried piteously for grape juice. And we had it in the house, but I knew there was no way it would stay down, and dh shook his head at me like I was crazy for obsessing about it. Same with orange juice with the girls. DESPERATELY wanted it. Stared at it longingly, but couldn't have it. My body craved it in some inner, molecular core, but my stomach revolted at the thought and my mind knew better...constant struggle. I finally caved and poured a few sips of the forbidden craving right as a new vomiting spree began. I drank, enjoyed the taste, then promptly puked. My husband decided I'd completely lost my mind, but it was SOOOOOOO worth it.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Previous

Return to Foodments