My Blacklist

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

My Blacklist

Postby Kadinga » Mar 24, 2005 6:41 pm

Once I figured out this list, things got a whole lot better, even if my diet did get boring.

Things I couldn't stomach:
Water, unless it was frozen
Any hot drink of any description, including herbals.
Fruit juice
Flavoured fizzy drink (Ginger beer was okay if it was made with actual ginger and had gone flat)
Milk (except I could manage a cold Milo in the afternoons in the 3rd tri)
Bread, or anything else with yeast in it.
Wheat crackers
Vegemite
Any fruit - it was like an instant "bounce" when it hit my stomach
Salads or raw vegies - this improved in the 3rd tri if there was a strong dressing
Over cooked vegies
Most things that were heavily processed or preserved.
Anything that I ate too repetitively out of desperation.
Anything spicy.
"One mouthful too many" of anything at all.

Things that were good at different points:
Banana paddlepops
Scones for breakfast
Clear soup in small amounts (yes, I realise this disagrees with the hot drink thing above, I can't explain it, it's just the way it was, but it only worked in hospital, then failed dismally at home)
Vegetable soup in small amounts if not tomato-ey (again, same paradox)
Uncle Tobys crunchy Anzac Meusli bars for breakfast with flat ginger beer
Canned Spagghetti in the thin crappy sauce
Lemonade icypoles
Frozen Yoghurt in very small quantities
Most meats, as long as I had nothing to do with them before I was actually putting them in my mouth.
Most cooked foods as long as there wasn't too much tomato and the vegies weren't too over done.
Cheese, in small quantities. Best melted on a rye cracker in the microwave.
Macdonalds hash browns and the "Fillet of Fish" without the bun

People tell me this will be different next time, but I'm going to start by ruling out the evil blacklisted foods and trying things in very, very small quantities. I'd be interested to know other people's "blacklists" as a guide for other things to try eliminating if my list doesn't work next time.

In grasping for a positive, at least I could feed myself. My cousin's wife had to sit, holding her nose while her husband sat behind her with the food, spooning it round into her mouth. If you're really stuck, this might be worth a try.

Good luck to all,

remember, now that you have found this site, you are NOT alone

Amanda

Teacher-on-leave and Farming wife in Australia
Mum to 1 HG angel, Heather, 18 months
Thinking of ttc in May
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Postby nikki0072004 » Mar 24, 2005 9:15 pm

HI.

Let me firstly start that your blacklist almost made me cry. Not for the foodment reasons, but because I miss australian food SOOOOOOO much. I saw the word Milo and gasped. SO YUMMY!!!! Also anything by UNcle Tobys would be great, and I cannot tell you what I would do for Heinz baked beans on toast right now. I am waiting for a shipment right now from an Aussie food store here in the US, I got a Milobar and like 56,000 bags of twisties. Sob sob sob..........twisties.

OK, thats over. Also, I wanted to say that between all my pregnancies, my blacklisted foods and my greenlisted foods never really changed. In fact, I found it really nice to have a greenlist, for some reason it "tricked" my mind and body into thinking that if it wokred before, it will work again. For example, with my first pregnancy, I ate peaches. Only peaches. Ever. I actually remember paying for a pediatric consult to make sure that my child would not die from peach overload. lol. Well, as soon as I got pregnant with my second, I knew that peaches were good to go, and I got some. And even at the hieght of HG, all I ate was peaches. It eventually got better, but I still eat a can of peaches a day.

BTW- I never really had a particular like of peach before, and I never ate it between pregnancies.

So, its good to have lists, you may find it helps!!!

Nikki
HG babies 1+2: Mommys angels
HG baby 3: Bayden, 28mos
HG babies 4+5: Twins due July.
nikki0072004
Welcomed Friend

Return to Foodments