strong flavor better than bland

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

strong flavor better than bland

Postby mommybull » Mar 23, 2005 3:37 pm

I was unable to eat any and all bland foods. Salty worked best for me. I basically ate Ramen teriyaki chicken flavor and Cape Cod sea salt and vinegar chips. Something about the smell allowed me to have some form of an appetite.
mommybull

Postby bostonmama » Apr 04, 2005 10:36 am

I agree. Bland foods that I "should" have been able to eat made me absolutely sick. In particular, the legendary crackers, and in fact any plain bread/carb product smelled and tasted incredibly awful to me. I think I could smell all of the vitamins they fortify with, like iron. But if that taste is masked with stronger tastes, it helps. So I can swallow a few pizza flavor goldfish crackers, for example.
bostonmama

Postby nomore » Apr 04, 2005 12:42 pm

I agree. This past fall, when I was pregnant, the only thing I was able to eat every few days was Smartfood popcorn! Everything that sounded remotely like it wasnt going to make me puke HAD to be flavorful. Bland items were the things that REPLUSED me the most! Go figure. So saying go have some saltines was like saying why dont you go PUKE!!!!!
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby teddi » Apr 04, 2005 11:16 pm

I too wanted something flavorful, not bland. I think it was a mental diversion. Didn't mean it'd stay down but at least I had more desire to eat it. I too had a thing for Salt and Vinegar chips! And haven't had any desire to eat them since being able to eat again!!
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby Jasmine » Apr 21, 2005 1:57 pm

I agree on the strong flavoured foods...The less taste the harder it is to choke back! Personally I tried to avoid foods that would taste bad coming back up (sounds gross but apples and strawberries are much better to throw up than ceasar salad...garlic is not your friend when it's coming back up)

Salt & Vinegar Chips, pickled eggs and cheese popcorn have become a staple in my house!! The saltier and more vinegary the better!!!

I have had no desire for sweets either (which is odd considering my pre-pg chocolate addiction)... Hmm... I think I'm gonna go eat some pickled eggs now... Ciao :)
Jasmine

Return to Foodments