I made DINNER (icky food mentioned)

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

I made DINNER (icky food mentioned)

Postby emily » Jan 31, 2005 7:14 pm

A dinner. Like how I usually make them. From scratch. Hungarian Sweet Paprika Goulash with homemade spaetzel noodles, red potato salad and apple crisp... All from scratch! I am so stinkin proud of myself! And this ladies, was quite the accomplishment considering there is basically no food in my house!

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

x

Postby foxwoodfaerie » Jan 31, 2005 7:43 pm

Emily!
I am SOOOO incredibly impressed! How did it go? Were you able to actually eat any of it or were you sick by the time you were done?
I've been making dinner about half the time for a few weeks but I'll admit it's mostly been easy stuff like casseroles and noodle roni mixes. Sometimes I can eat what I make and sometimes it makes me too sick just cooking it.

You are my hero, though! I can't wait to be able to make a REAL meal! :)

Ruth
Aidan, James and Thayer
and....I'm DONE!!!!
foxwoodfaerie
Been There Done That

Postby meg » Jan 31, 2005 8:15 pm

Emily,

Congratulations! It all sounds delicious. I hope you were able to enjoy it! I started making dinner again a few weeks back and it has actually helped my mental state. Normally I LOVE cooking and baking. It's more of a labor of love than usual and sometimes I can't eat what I produce but I love telling my dh we're having pot roast with red potatoes, turnips and carrots, homemade biscuits and Italian cream cake for dessert, rather than frozen pizza!

Good for you!
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Postby emily » Feb 01, 2005 12:11 am

OMGosh. DD almost made me cry. She was eating her dinner and saying "yummy" and saying how good everything was. We usually have a hard time getting her to eat. And then she said "mommy, are we having a special time?" I said, yes. I wanted to cry. Poor thing acted like she hadn't had a home cooked meal in months. She hardly touched the happy meal DH got her last night and she ate an entire plate of the food I made!

The only other meal I have made since Halloween was Christmas dinner. I got a beautiful glazed ham and all the trimmings on the table for the family and then went and threw up while they ate it. Ugh. Plus, I couldn't taste anything as I was making it... so I don't even think it turned out that great!

I have been doing pretty good on nausea the past couple days and no vomitting.... I really pray I don't have another bad relapse. I keep doing okay and then doing very, very badly again....

Sigh.... special time... God I love that girl!

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

Postby meg » Feb 01, 2005 1:43 pm

Emily,

Aren't kids amazing? Sometimes my dd or ds say something so sweet it literally takes my breath away. I guess that's why we're willing to go through so much to bring them into the world for those special moments no matter how few and far between.
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Return to Foodments