High Protein Jello

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

High Protein Jello

Postby Jenny » Dec 19, 2004 12:26 pm

Hello,

I was having a hard time holding down anything but jello, the problem is that jello goes a long way to keep you hydrated but doesn't do anything for protein, right, wrong!

A friend heard that I needed protein and could only eat jello. She was on a medically managed diet, and her doctor was giving her jello that was high in protein. She loaned me a few packets and the stuff is GREAT! Plus it has 15 grams of protein! They have high protein chicken noodle soup, and powder you can add to flavor up a 7-up too! I am guessing you get this stuff at a doc who specializes in managed diets. Run it past your OB, but for me it has been a miracle!
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby bibliojo » Dec 19, 2004 6:07 pm

This is very interesting Jenny! So is this a special package of jello with protein added already or do you get a package of protein to add to the jello yourself? Does it change the flavour of the jello at all? How is it for keeping down and then of course coming up? :wink: Any different flavour to it? Does the protein give you a bit more energy? I'd be interested to know more.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

jello

Postby Jenny » Dec 19, 2004 11:25 pm

The jello is called "Protidiet". You can look them up online, and order online. It comes as a packet you mix with water just like regular jello. For me it tasted better than regular jello (I tried the strawberry). And I never threw it up, but obviously it would be less painful than many high protein foods! The real plus for me was that I get some energy and feel less dizzy or light headed with it. If you can tolerate regular jello at all, this would probaby work for you because it is very close to being the same. The soup was good too, but for me it was too much liquid to hold down for long. If you tolerate 7-up, the drink mix is very tasty. It is MUCH better than trying to get your protein other ways I think.
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Return to Foodments