ok what can you eat and what week are you in

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

ok what can you eat and what week are you in

Postby janiecw » Nov 02, 2006 6:24 pm

I am in week 9

I can eat potatoes {baked and mashed}
mac and cheese
cheese & crackers w/turkey{like the lunchable things}
advacodo{sometimes}
sometimes i can eat cereal but not drink the milk

how about everyone else
janiecw
Opinionated HGer

Postby MamaDawn » Nov 02, 2006 9:30 pm

I'm 7 wks and there isn't anything that I can always eat. Something that I can stand one day turns my stomach the next. Many times I don't know until I smell it.

For instance potato soup was great all last week but can't stand the thought of it now. :sickfast: I have been able to drink Gatoraide the whole time and that's helped with the dehydration. As has the Raglan I am taking.

I'm thankful that my HG is much milder than others. I do go some days without vomitting, but only with the Raglan (without it I can't keep ANYTHING down). I have actually been able to eat with my family a few times. The past few days the one thing that I was able to eat when I wasn't :verygreen: had been lasagna.
MamaDawn

Postby jamielynn » Nov 10, 2006 9:10 am

I am 14 1/2 weeks.
What I can tolerate changes from day to day. It happened with my first pregnancy as well.
Cereal with a little milk
bagels, sometimes w/ cream cheese soemtimes without
Cheese/crackers
Sprite
Apple slices
And oddly the ather night I was able to stomach a few nachos my husband and son were eating.
Spponfuls of PB
Mashed Potatoes

The most frustrating part is that it may not work on a different day. I wish I could find even one food that I knew would always be ok.
Jamie
Attach'd mom to Xander(4-12-04) and Zoe ( 5-11-07)
Severe HG both times

jamielynn
Been There Done That

Postby -samanthakay- » Nov 11, 2006 3:05 pm

Right now at 22 weeks I can eat most things not much meat and nothing with spice in it. Right now I have the diet of a 75 year old woman hehehe. But I am eating which is helpful.
When I was at my worse I could do plain chex mix the kind from the bag. Also for some reason ham lunch meat on bread but nothing on it.
Angelina DoraMae Sev HG 3-38 weeks
Born 3-3-07
I also have two great bonus babies(adopted stepsons) Devon 18 and Tristin 15
I am very active on facebook
-samanthakay-
Devoted to You

Postby JasmineHG » Nov 11, 2006 3:41 pm

well i am 30 weeks and can eat anything- because it all comes up after 1 or 2 hours. Every week changes and what i could/couldn't do 2 weeks ago is different from now. So- atleast things stay in for a while...sometimes it's a big stomach-clearing puke, other times it's like the body just wants the motions---no clue.

although i do like: Ortega taco shells, broken in half with shredded cheese and toasted
- soups (so much easier coming up)
-jello
-canned fruit, syrup is gret to drink

ask me next week and it will all be different
Severe HG survivor and major Colts fan!
ImageImage
JasmineHG
HG Diva

Postby Atsie » Nov 11, 2006 7:07 pm

well i am 30 weeks and can eat anything- because it all comes up after 1 or 2 hours.

That was my thoughts! I am in week 30 too. I am doing alright with most foods. But I have to want it. Really want it. If I have any doubts about the food I can't eat it. For me though spicy works. Any form of potatoes will almost always work. Lately I have really been eating choc. pudding. I don't know where htat came from since I am not usually a fan of either! Still have trouble drinking almost anything. Oh and for some strange reason, take out works better than almost anything else.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby simplekelly » Nov 11, 2006 11:08 pm

i still have trouble drinking most drinks. although i had the most delicious lemonade tonight. it was my MIL's birthday and we went to a restaurant. yuck. I was stressed out the whole time. but the lemonade was PERFECT....just sour enough with just a hint of sweet but the taste was not overpowering at all.

i am loving tapioca pudding right now. i too can eat most anything right now BUT almost EVERYTHING I eat causes me severe nausea. the only things that don't cause severe nausea are very very bland things like plain rice and potatoes. the sweeter something is or the spicer something is makes the nausea so unbearable...i actually wish to throw up. how boring. :roll:
Kelly
mama to
Jake (1-9-02) MS to wk 13
Justin (6/13/03) NO MS!
Addison (2/16/07) HG wk 8-birth
simplekelly
Devoted to You

Postby jamielynn » Nov 12, 2006 10:49 am

I too have trouble with drinks.
I ended up with the excess saliva symptom this time around, and I wonder if that is part of it.
Jamie
Attach'd mom to Xander(4-12-04) and Zoe ( 5-11-07)
Severe HG both times

jamielynn
Been There Done That

Postby winter-soul » Nov 23, 2006 12:19 am

everyday ive been drinking soemthing called caribiean passion from jamba juice......
im 35+ weeks.......fluids are always harder, for awhile i was drinking fresca but now it doesnt sit well.....
the jamba juice has been great but i get a strange aftertasste that im trying to figure out how to get rid of so i can continue to have something that is fluid and may actually be healthy for me.
winter-soul
Been There Done That

Return to Foodments