B6 & Ginger tablet

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

B6 & Ginger tablet

Postby Kimber » Jul 26, 2006 11:11 pm

Per Doug Blaheta of Aveta Pharmaceuticals located in Phoenix, AZ.

"We recently developed a product for HG called Reprivex. This is a natural formulation that was designed to offer relief and convenience to Pregnant women suffering from HG. Each tablet contains 25mg of Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) and 100mg of Ginger Root PE 5% Gingerois (zingiber Officinalis). This preparation offers patients the convenience of these 2 essential ingedients in one tablet. This product currently is recommended by OB/GYN's and given as samples to Pregnant women at many Obstetric and Gynelogical Clinics. As you are obviously aware, there are several studies that show the benefit of taking B6 and ginger for HG. The product can be ordered by calling a toll free number or by going to our website at www.reprivex.com or www.avetapharma.com. We invite you to visit our site."

From Kimber: I have not tried this or heard reports as of yet, so feel free to email me if you try it. I have requested info on any trials or studies done on it.

Thanks!
Kimber
kimber@HelpHER.org
kimber@hyperemesis.org
HER Foundation Co-Founder
Director of Ed & Research
2 pg w/nine-months of HG
Mom of two - 1999, 2003
Kimber
Forums Administrator

Postby Brendel » Oct 11, 2006 9:12 pm

I tried emailing the Reprivex people. Their email link doesn't work. Keeps saying that email doesn't exist. I tired the 866 number and all I got was a machine saying I called leave a call back number or "enter a page number". Doesn't sound like a promising company if they don't have a working email and don't answer the phone.
Brendel

Reprivex

Postby Brendel » Oct 12, 2006 12:29 pm

Got a call back from the Reprivex people. He asked me if I'd seen their website. No, I got the 866 number from thin air :roll: ! They claim that it's for severe NVP in pregnancy but if you're the type who has to go to the hospital and get TPN etc, it probably wouldn't help you. Since I had severe NVP and lost weight but never had to go to the hospital I don't know if that means me or not. In other words no answer. What do you guys think?
Brendel

Postby Forum Administrators » Oct 06, 2007 10:01 pm

***ORIGINALLY POSTED BY USER REPRIVEX ***

The reason why you may have had problems getting in touch with the company that produces Reprivex is because they were purchased by Alta Nutritionals. The email link works fine now. Reprivex is still available and is a natural first line therapy for Morning Sickness. It is sampled out of OB/GYN offices and it is produced here in the United States (Utah to be exact). It is not from some online pharmacy in another country. There is also talk of a study being done in the near future at the University of Southern California. Prior studies have been done on the individual ingredients and demostrates a success rate of approximately 68%. The term "success" of course is subjective. What is success for one person may not be for another. Reprivex is ment to take the edge off morning sickness so that people can continue their normal daily routines like work, shopping, etc. It won't have you doing cartwheels but there is a great chance it will make you feel better. Best of all it is delivered directly to your home.

Reprivex contains Giner and Vitamin B6 and can be taken with your prenatal vitamin. At $20 a bottle (90 tablets) it makes sense to try it before you spend a fortune on Zofran. The pills are very small like a childrens asprin. Dosage is 1 tablet every 6-8 hours depending on severity of your condition.

All of Alta Nutritionals products are delivered to your home or place of business. If you suspect your prenatal vitamin is playing a role in your morning sickness it may be wise advice to do as the other poster above and switch to a lower iron containing prenatal vitamin. Aveta FA is available and they will send you a free sample if you request it. It has 1 full mg of folic acid and 50 mg. of vitamin B6 so you may not even need the Reprivex. Aveta FA also has 29 mg of iron which is exactly what is recommended by ACOG (American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists). The pills are tiny, about the size of an aspirin, and easy to swallow. Cost is under $14 per month and that is with delivery. Cheaper than most insurance co-pays. Prenatal DHA supplement is available as well.

I hope this helps some of you!
Forum Administrators
Forums Administrator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies