Emend & Aloxi

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Emend & Aloxi

Postby Kimber » May 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Hi all. There is a new class of drugs that I have included on the medication page. This medication targets a different part of the vomiting center in the brain. It may be of great help to those that do not respond to other meds.

IF YOU TRY THESE MEDS, PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE. Also, please consider sending us a copy of your full pregnancy and birth medical records - for research purposes only. They will NOT be shared with anyone outside our research team and any publications will NOT include the name or other specific identifying info on the mother.

We need to begin reviewing these records closely to determine the safety and effectiveness of these meds. Your help is vital to our success.

Thanks!
Kimber

PS. We hope to begin collecting medical records in the near future. If you are willing to allow our research team to confidentially review your records, please obtain a copy and keep it or send it to me for storage until we begin the review. We are bound by strict confidentiality standards.
Kimber
kimber@HelpHER.org
kimber@hyperemesis.org
HER Foundation Co-Founder
Director of Ed & Research
2 pg w/nine-months of HG
Mom of two - 1999, 2003
Kimber
Forums Administrator

Postby MichellevsHG » May 30, 2007 8:52 am

Kimber ~ Would you like medical records on any of us HGers even if we did not use Emend or Aloxi?

I'd be willing to send my completed records after the birth in September.
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Postby Atsie » Sep 22, 2007 8:43 pm

Bump
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies