how have others coped?

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

how have others coped?

Postby karolinagurl20 » Mar 12, 2006 1:20 pm

If you have been in my situation please help me. Even if you havent feel free to offer advice. Im losing it! Daily! Its getting really hard on Dh as he does not know what to do. I cant take anti depressants they make me barf. plus im 36 weeks and planning induction in a week and 2 days. I am all over the boards with the same worries and complaints im sure ya'll will happy to see my deliver and go away! lol :wink: I just have to get and amniocentesis next monday march 20th to check lung development i'll be 37 and 1 and im constantly on edge about it i have anxiety attacks in the middle of the night and sometimes in the day. The doctor has reassured me that his chances of passing are great, so why do i even have to get it? If he fails and they tell me that i have to wait i swear i'll collapse on the floor. Dh said they'll have to check us both in the hospital cause he cant watch me suffer anymore. I know that if he fails then obviously it was a good thing we took the test cause his lungs would be immature but im so nervous all of the time. I wish there were some way out of taking it and just inducing. Lots of girls go only 37. My doc is out of town this whole week so i cant even bother him with my worries, im sure he's relieved. Im just always about to cry and im so nervous my nausea gets worse. I feel like im hangin on the tip of a string as it is i hate thinking about this. I know that marie had a similar situation my doc wont let me get 2 tests he said i'll just have to wait another 2 weeks but the mere though almost puts me in hestarics sp? Anyone out there able to give advice? Thanks kayla
severe HG
1st and last timer
karolinagurl20
Been There Done That

Postby nomore » Mar 12, 2006 7:29 pm

(((((((((((((((Kayla)))))))))))))))

First, congrats on making it to 37 weeks!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH! Thats something to be very proud of! And, I also want to say, I know how rough it can be...especially at the end, when you are still so sick.

And, I am also VERY familar with depression and anxiety in pregnancy as well.

But, with all that said, Im going to say, you DONT want a premature baby with immature lungs.... as seeing your baby in the NICU will break your heart into 1000 pieces and make you feel horrid. MUCH MORE horrid than you feel now. And, I say that with true honest compassion.

Chances are, your baby will pass the lung maturity test fine. My 34 weeker had just a TINY amount of lung immurity. A few more days in the womb, and she wouldnt have needed any breathing help.

You can, and you WILL get through these last few hellish days..... and then you will be hg free..... with a healthy baby (lets face it, you dont want to go this far and not have as healthy baby as possible), and life will be wonderful again.

How about listeing to some relaxation music??????????? Its the best suggestion I have if you cant keep meds down. :(

(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby karolinagurl20 » Mar 12, 2006 7:37 pm

thank you very much robin i sorta feel ignored, maybe cause im always worrying. I dont want a baby with pre-mature lungs I know its also comforting to see that you had severe hg too. Odd and mean as that sounds i dont feel like too many of the girls im in the third tri with are still so sick at least not the ones that post. So to know that you got through it gives me some relief, although im not 37 weeks im only 36, but i take the test at 37 and one. Im just constatnly worrying and its my first and my family doesnt live near me and oh i just am so worn from this pregnancy in every way. So your baby was in the NIICU? :cry: Im sorry i hate hearing those stories. But at least she was almost ready at 34 that means she was/is a fighter and i hope that she's fine now. I only have 9 more days to fight this hg. Music kinda still makes me sick. Did you have any problems with your head and sound or movement ? Thats the worst thing cause even if for a little bit im not nauseas i cant ever really watch t.v. or talk much higher than a whisper im hoping to be back to my normally loud self when this baby arrives. Anyways i really want to thankyou for responding i checked all day and felt like no one was going to help, so thanks :D Kayla
severe HG
1st and last timer
karolinagurl20
Been There Done That

Postby nomore » Mar 12, 2006 7:54 pm

Kayla-

Sorry, I knew you were 36 weeks.. just still half sleep deprived. :)

My 34 weeker is doing pretty well. She is a very collicky baby with reflux and allergy issues, but does not have any other health issues. And, yes, she IS a fighter... a fiesty little girl :) Even in the NICU, she constantly pulled out her NG tube!!!!

She looks just like my 1st born, but, my 1st born was the happiest, easiest baby ever in comparison :wink:

Im sorry that music and movement is still so horrid for you :( I was like that with my 1st pregnancy. If you could keep meds down, Id say something like meclizine might help you a bit.

There are some herbal meds that dissolve in your mouth that help with motion sicknes. They might help.... at the end of my 1st pregnancy they did provide a small amount of relief. I can look for the name of them if you want.

What meds are you taking? Are you hydrated? Are you still needing hydration?

My 1st pregnany was worse HG wise. I spent most of the last few weeks of pregnancy crying, along with getting sick alot. And, begging for an induction.... which I didnt get till I got pre-e. It was a horrid time, and Im SO sorry you are there right now. :(

I know you said whispering is ok.... maybe you could get a few books on tape and play them really queitly to help you get your mind off things? I know our library has them, if money is tight.

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

And, please dont ever feel alone. You are here with a bunch of women who REALLY do care. Maybe not all of the hger are as sick as you and I in the 3rd trimester, but they all do know how tough this time is. DOnt ever feel like you are a pest.... :) Cuz, then we are all pests :)

Hang in there Kayla. Im rooting for you!
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby Marie » Mar 12, 2006 9:37 pm

(((Kayla)))

First I wanted to appologize for my PM typo I meant to put 28 not (2 8)

I guess when you put that number in () it prompts the icon to show up. Stange...

Anywhoo I wanted to pop in here to tell you that I am here, and if you need anything feel free to pm me, and I'll shoot you my cell phone # so that you can reach me when you need to chat.

As far as why they do the amino at 37 weeks...The reason I was given is because the American Academy of Pedatrics has determined that 38 weeks is the safest week for baby as far as lung maturity. Any elective birth before week 38 is to be verified by amino. This also protects the docs from lawsuits for complications with baby that could have otherwise been avoided.

You will survive this. It is hard to imagine a normal life after HG, but those days are just around the corner.

Huge Hugs to you,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG