Klonopin during pregnancy

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Klonopin during pregnancy

Postby DH22 » May 20, 2005 11:27 am

I am 6 weeks pg with #2 and my morning sickness in in full gear. I throw up a few times a day but it is just stomach acid b/c I can't eat. I was sooo sick with #1, exactly the same and it started at 5 weeks and did not end until she was born. This was one of my biggest fears about having another baby. I don't know how I will make it again, it is awful.I had to get IV fluids several times, i couldn't eat, work anything. I was on zofran and compazine with #1. They helped me to stop vomiting but never took away the nausea, which is the worst. I also suffer from panic disorder. i am on 100 mg of zoloft but my panic attacks are back. I use to take klonopin but my ob said I can't. Anyone take anything for panic attacks or took klonopin and their babies were fine. I can't deal with being sick and having panic attacks. Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Debbie
DH22

Postby nomore » May 20, 2005 2:22 pm

Hi Debbie,

Congrats about being pregnant... and Im sorry that you are feeling so crummy again :(

I dont know know anything about the med you asked about, but I wanted to tell you vistiril, can be used to help with anxiety (its a side effect). Its also supposed to help with nausea. I havent taken it myself, but I know there is a couple of ladies on this board that do.

This med is actually on my protocol, as I dont normally suffer from anxitety, but DO when I am pregnant (who wouldnt be terrified all the time with hg?)

More info on vistril can be found on this website... its a class C med (which is the same as the compazine).

Hoping you have better days soon.

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG