Now it's hitting me...

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Now it's hitting me...

Postby jschwab » Feb 18, 2005 9:42 pm

Hi,

I am about one week into a complete cure courtesy of Reglan. In my case, the treatment completely removed all my nausea within just a few days. The effect was sudden and shocking - i basically went from feeling naseous 15 hours a day and on almost complete bed rest to feeling like I could walk 10 miles uphill. I didn't have time to process it because I was back at work the next day. I knew i needed to take a day or two to digest, but I couldn't. I still haven't found time to cry from the relief of it all and i am finding now I am having a hard time coping with all of the pent-up emotions. Has anybody else experienced this? I keep having flashbacks to especially hard moments, but at the same time, I feel like if I feel this good now, I wasn't really sick. It didn't really happen. Except for my husband, there really isn't anyone who knows how bad it was - thoughts of death, wanting the baby to die, losing my whole social network, etc. My coworkers have no idea how sick I was, so they are not so helpful. Any advice? I have off Monday so I might use that day to go away. I feel like i need a ritual to mark the end, I suppose.

Janine
NVP pregnancy birthday 1/19/03
Miscarriage six weeks 12/03
Miscarriage twelve weeks 3/04
HG pregnancy EDD 5/4/04
Cross my fingers PG EDD 11/19/06
jschwab
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Feb 18, 2005 10:54 pm

That's a really normal part of recovery, Janine. At least it was for me. I went back to work as soon as I could with my first FT pregnancy and trudged back for the last trimester with my last pregnancies...and I was REALLY good at coping, apparently. Coworkers had no idea I was still sick and dependent on drugs to get through, and there were so many days I just wanted to melt down and freak out about being sick and still being expected to do everything. It's like you have this dirty secret, and if you do try to tell, you get the stupid cracker comments. :roll:

As soon as I was feeling better, I started on the nursery and the baby book. Putting my hospital bands in and writing out a paragraph about HG was good therapy. With my last baby, I had a little ceremony with pouring out unused IV bags. And shopping--the second I was able, I was a mad woman, making up for lost time with maternity clothes and household stuff. Actually, just enjoying a really CLEAN house post-HG was nice. Hope you find a way to bridge between sick and not-sick! Have fun on Monday. I'm going shopping--wanna come along? :wink:
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby jschwab » Feb 22, 2005 4:08 pm

Oh, I did my shopping! We are completely in the hole, but I got my spring maternity clothes since I am so hot at the office. I was getting depressed about never needing nice clothes while I was home.

I'm feeling much better now and not so blindsided. Thanks for your help and understanding.

Janine
NVP pregnancy birthday 1/19/03
Miscarriage six weeks 12/03
Miscarriage twelve weeks 3/04
HG pregnancy EDD 5/4/04
Cross my fingers PG EDD 11/19/06
jschwab
Been There Done That

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG