Welcome!

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Welcome!

Postby Linablu » Jun 02, 2004 12:04 pm

Thank you to Andy for letting me help moderate this forum! Anxiety and depression during pregnancy and post partum is something I know all too well! I wanted to be a part of this forum to lend any support and advice I can to those of you suffering from anxiety and depression during HG. This is especially strange for me b/c not only have I survived it once (by the skin on my teeth), but I am CURRENTLY in the midst of it right now!

I had HG with my 1st pregnancy and SEVERE PPD. My son is now 4, going to be 5 on June 11th. I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with my 2nd, due August 28th. I have had NO relief from HG so far. Still on Zofran, still nauseas 24/7 and still vomiting. The sad thing is that my depression about the HG has gotten me to the point of praying that my baby would come early (THIS early!) so that the HG would end. I know I am horrible to say that, but I'm just being honest. I long to feel "normal" and "functional" again.

We just moved from IL to AR at the beginning of May. The reason for this move is HG. I lost my job as a physical therapist due to being off work too long (past limitations of FMLA) with HG. Also, we had no family there and just couldn't do it anymore without help. Both mine and my husband's parents live here in AR, so we get much more help. Unfortunately, my hubby's new job has some kind of glitch in the insurance, and first they wouldn't pay for more than 12 Zofran, and now our benefits were "kicked out" of the system for some unknown reason, saying we have no insurance. Hubby contacted personnell at his work, and they said they should have it fixed "by the end of next week". Guess what... I run out of Zofran TOMORROW! I am freaking out here!

Gee, Andy, I think that's more than you wanted, huh? lol

Anyway, welcome to this forum to all the HGers and HG supporters. You can see you have a nut as your host!
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Jun 02, 2004 9:54 pm

message for you chrissy
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Hang in there!

Postby khumbert » Jun 02, 2004 11:15 pm

Chrissy,

A little over a year ago I was in your situation...depressed and pg with my second child and completely unable to function. I tried to take Zoloft but it made me vomit so I had to take Zofran to counteract the vomiting. It wasn't enough to even make a dent. I, too, prayed that my child would come early - I was induced at 38 weeks for depression. I just kept thinking, "I need a break. Something has to get better." It started to get better just after I gave birth but it has been quite a time of recovery both physically and emotionally.

I am glad that you have moved closer to family for support. I had friends and dh worked part-time from home so that is how I made it through.

Hang in there...Karna
Karna
HG Survivor
Mom to Madeline (3+) & Owen (1)
khumbert

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 12, 2004 9:22 pm

Does being depressed/or started to get depressed in the first trimester mean that it'll get worse. I know my hormones are starting to kick in because I want to cry for the dumbest things like a movie that isn't even sad. This is not me, I'm the strong one in the family. But with this pg, like my 1st, we are fighting over seas and a family member and friends are there. Not only am I starting to worry over them, now I'm starting to ask myself 'what the heck is wrong with me bringing another innocent life into this world?' This is what I was going through with my 1st pg, only worse. I just don't want to get to that point. I love my children and I may had some problems through out my life and may be going through some problems now but I love my life. The thing is 'is GOD going to hold this against me, for bringing a child into this world during a time of war?'

Valerie
Valerie Cruz

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG