Awareness

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Awareness

Postby ck1208k » Sep 02, 2004 9:52 am

I do have one suggestion though, which I believe, would prevent many elective abortions. What about having pamphlets that you can distribute at Abortion clinics? Or, when having to go to the mandatory counseling, instead of them telling you about financial options, maybe mentioning that for the people who are choosing to have an elective abortion based on sickness, that there is support/material out there that can help. Had I known about this condition and that it is something that could have been treated, I wouldn't have had 13 unwanted abortions. If only their was some material at these clinics, let alone more knowledgeable Dr's out there who can educate people with this problem. I lost 2 very, very decent men to this problem and don't want to have that problem again.
ck1208k

deeply saddened

Postby IslandDreamer » Sep 03, 2004 8:15 pm

I am so deeply sorry you have endured such sadness and loss: two relationships and so many children lost to hg abortions. I'm so sorry. :cry:

I think you make an excellent point. If one woman here in the hg forums has gone through something, guaranteed other hg women are experiencing the same. The idea of distributing information at abortion clinics is a good one, I think. Logistics sound like the issue...perhaps a mass call for women on the forums who are not currently ill should go out? I've been trying to educate obs in my area...never thought of the clinics that provide abortions. Now I really really need the brochure that won't download for me....

Hoping you will find support, friendship, and hope on this website.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 04, 2004 1:31 pm

ck,

I am so sorry for the heartache HG has caused you in your life. I can't imagaine the sadness it must have caused you. But I'm so glad you've found this website. The HER Foundation is a wonderful resource. I think your idea of distributing information at abortion clinics is a great one. There are certainly lots of women here who have terminated pregnancy that they wanted because they didn't know about HG and treatment options. There are actually a couple different downloadable informational brochures on this website, and there is a standing request for women on this forum and other website visitors to download them and distribute them anywhere they might be needed (ie: dr. offices, pharamcies, etc.) Feel free to download them and do the same.

There is one brochure called "What is HG?" and one called "When loved one has HG" and they are both in PDF format. To get to the page to download them by click on "Mothers" (at the top of this page), then click on "Survival Guides and Downloads," or just follow this link.

http://www.hyperemesis.org/mothers/surv ... /index.php

Just click on the one you want to download. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open them, but if you don't have it, it's a free download at www.adobe.com
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 04, 2004 1:37 pm

Suzanne,

Sorry your still having trouble getting the brochure. I reread your previous post about having trouble, and I will just email them to you. They are PDF's so you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader (a free download at www.adobe.com ). The files will not convert to RTF, but if you have Acrobat Reader, the PDF's should work fine. I will email the "What is HG" and "When Loved One has HG," but the first one is fairly large. How big is your email inbox? Let me know what size I need to make it.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby danimomof2girls » Sep 07, 2004 7:08 pm

Oh ck, I'm sure you're tired of hearing this, but my heart does go out to you! I think HG has effective us all in different ways but it seemed to have no mercy on you! The truth is that there is a way to get through it and it can be done! I think your idea is an excellent one and I'm going to see about getting the word out to some of the clinics here.
Thanks for the input and I hope that you can find some healing in your life!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Return to HG Awareness & Activism