Downloadable HG Brochure

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Downloadable HG Brochure

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 15, 2004 2:32 pm

For those who don't know, there is a great, comprehensive brochure about HG that is available to download and print from this website.

I think it can be a great educational resource, and it can be used in a number of different ways. Some ideas of how:

• Ask your Dr. if you can leave a few in the waiting area.

• Pass them out to family members and/or freinds to help them understand what HG is.

• Distribute them anywhere you think sick, pregnant women might find them :) . Examples: hospital labor and delivery areas, pharmacies, etc...

The brochure is in PDF format, meaning you need Adobe Acrobat Reader (a free download available at www.adobe.com ) to open and print it. To access the PDF, follow this link, or copy and paste it into your browser.

http://www.hyperemesis.org/health-profe ... -tools.php

You can also access the link by going to the health professionals page, and clicking on Patient Education Tools.

Once you are to the page, click on the first link, titled "What is HG? Basic Patient Education PDF," and the brochure will be downloaded onto your computer. You can then print as many as you want or need.

If you have questions about how to get it downloaded and printed, just post it in this forum and someone here can answer it.
[/b]
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

GREAT IDEA

Postby chez » Jun 23, 2004 6:29 pm

Rebecca,

I have been thinking about this for some time, after having 2 HG
pregnances in the UK, I found I had no information about it and even worse, felt my GP and midwifes had no real understanding or knowlage of it.

I would hope these leaflets will help inform not only other sufferes of HG,
but will also help awareness to midwifes and doctors and mabe they will give better support and issue the drugs that acctualy work sooner rather than as a last resort.

I will give it a try and see what the reaction is!

Chez.
Chez
chez

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 23, 2004 11:40 pm

Chez,

I hope you get a positive and understanding reaction. Unfortunately, because HG is a rare and relatively unknown condition, the burden is on us–the sufferers–to educate others about it. I'm so glad you're being proactive about it.

This entire website is SUCH a great resource for ANYBODY seeking information on HG. It has info for HGers, family members, and health professionals. I know Kimber and AnnMarie (and whoever their amazing webdesigner is :wink: ) have put a lot of hard work into the HER Foundation and this website. I highly recommend referring it to anyone with internet access who wants (or NEEDS) to learn more about HG.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby jjbeck » Jun 29, 2004 11:08 am

Hi there Rebecca. Perhaps another thing we can do ( escially for those of us w/ tiny ones) is to print off a bunch, gather a list of obgyn offices and addresses and snail mail them to them asking they leave a few in the waiting areas.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 02, 2004 9:08 pm

Jen,

You're right. That would be a great option for some of us who have little ones at home. Thanks for adding that!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Rebecca

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 05, 2004 12:49 am

I can't seem to download the file you mention and want to include it with materials from this site that I present to my ob/gyn.

Can you email it to me as a rtf? drapeau@oakland.edu

Thanks.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby RebeccaM » Aug 05, 2004 12:34 pm

Suzanne,

Okay, maybe the easier way to access it is to click on "Mothers" at the top of the page, then click on "Survival Guides and Downloads." There are several different downloads that you may find helpful.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby jjbeck » Aug 06, 2004 9:14 pm

suzanne, you are not by any chance related to Judy Drapeu are you?
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Drapeau connection

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 06, 2004 11:16 pm

Where in New England are you? I grew up in Mass and Maine. Lots of Drapeaus in the area.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby jjbeck » Aug 06, 2004 11:32 pm

I am in Maine now, though grew up in Connecticut. Judy was my landlord. She owned a home in Portland and I think resides in Jacksonville Fla now. Wonderful lady and landlord.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

judy

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 07, 2004 11:49 am

Did Judy happen to marry a Joe to get the Drapeau?

Most of my family is in Maine: cousins in Lewiston, brother in Rockport, Mom in Westbrook. I went to HS at Maranacook in Readfield. Where in Maine are you?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby jjbeck » Aug 08, 2004 4:45 pm

Ya, know I am knot sure, but I think his name might be joe. I will have to think about it. I am in Otisfield now, bout 20 or so minutes from L.A. I used to live in Portland and before that, the Brooklin/blue Hill area. We moved to Maine about 8 years ago from Connecticut...we love it up here.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Return to HG Awareness & Activism