Another chance to get the word out!!

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Another chance to get the word out!!

Postby dwtegli » Jun 15, 2004 10:31 am

Hi all,

On Sunday night my hubby and I ended up going to the hospital because I was spotting. They sent me up to labor and delivery and when we were talking to the nurse their I mentioned that I have HG and that I found this website. She was VERY interested. She wrote down the address and said she can't wait to check it out. She also said that she is going to give the address to the nurses over in the mom/baby section who treat HGers. Hopefully they will give the address out and some more women can find us.

I was also wondering if their are any pamphlets or anything that maybe could be handed out?
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 15, 2004 1:55 pm

That's great! You're on a roll with getting the word out.

There is a borchure on this website that you can download and print out. Just click on the link below (or, if it doesn't work, copy and paste it). Then click on the "What is HG?..." link (it should be the top one) and it will download the PDF onto your computer. You can print out as many as you want or need. I think this is a great resource to educate people about HG. Here is the link:

http://www.hyperemesis.org/health-profe ... -tools.php
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby danimomof2girls » Aug 04, 2004 1:07 pm

Hey guys,
I'm going in for a Partial Hysterectomy in a few weeks and thought about giving my doctor the information on this website. He was awesome in handling my last pregnancy but he didn't have any literature on HG at his office. His head nurse told me during my yearly that they had a woman who came in and wasn't even close to being as sick as I was and she decided to undergo a therapeutic termination. I think if more women knew what HG was and knew that they could survive it if given the right treatments, perhaps there weren't be so many terminations. I thought of my pregnancies as a race. If I was 10 weeks along and sick as a dog, I knew that I had about 1/4 of the way behind me. I knew that the day would come and I would have my baby and the HG would be gone.

Anyway, I love the printable brochure and I can't wait to get it out there!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Return to HG Awareness & Activism