HELP Needed: March of Dimes, 4Women.gov...

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

HELP Needed: March of Dimes, 4Women.gov...

Postby Kimber » Dec 22, 2006 12:34 am

Hi Ladies. The March of Dimes is doing an awareness campaign on pre-eclampsia and preterm delivery. HG increases the risk of both of these. They have no info on their site about HG. I need help with a letter writing campaign to this and other similar organizations.

When preparing for our DC Briefing, I looked at numerous large websites, many of them funded by the government (or NIH). None contained any useful info on HG, and few even mentioned it. We need to contact these groups and request they include this vital info and reference our foundation.

Ideally, someone would prepare a letter and list (or file) ready for me to add our logo template. If someone can contact these organizations and get a specific name to contact with an email address, that would be very helpful. I can email them directly and effeciently.

If you are interested, feel free to post your progress. The organizations are one such as 4women.gov, NIH, etc.

Thanks!
Kimber
Kimber
kimber@HelpHER.org
kimber@hyperemesis.org
HER Foundation Co-Founder
Director of Ed & Research
2 pg w/nine-months of HG
Mom of two - 1999, 2003
Kimber
Forums Administrator

Postby IslandDreamer » Dec 22, 2006 3:35 pm

ChristineB and I have been fired up about the MOD "oversight" for a while. I will gather info in a letter and contact her for her insights. So, yes, I volunteer me and ChristineB :wink: :lol: .

I will PM her this link.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Oh yeah!

Postby christineb » Dec 29, 2006 12:03 am

8) Got my shades on, ladies, and ready to rock. As an aside, I will have to contact Jeremy for grant-writing help, as the back-door trail to the Buffett family's charity funds led to the serveant kitchen, so to speak. :oops:
I am SO happy that HER will officially begin a letter campaign, particulary to March Of Dimes. I have been e-mailing them requests to include HG, and links to this site since my near-death HG battle and loss of our baby last year, and have YET to get anything OTHER than the ol' automated response e-mail.
It has infuriated me to no end, considering that I was deathly ill in my pregnancy, with my life and the baby's just as threatened as my good friend's was with eclampsia complications. And yes, I did emphasize to MoD that HG precludes and increases risk of GD, PIH, Pre-term labor, and most horribly, fetal loss, and/or loss of the mother.
I am so angry with them at this time, that every time I see one of their billboards asking people to help save precious baby's lives, I make the comment to DH, "Yeah - I guess our baby just wasn't "precious" enough, huh, 'cause it was an HG baby!?"
I would be honored and happy to try and direct this anger into positive energy and do something to change this situation. And I promise, I will be NICE, and respectful to MoD, despite my anger.

:roll:
-Christine
Rockin' out thanks to reglan, during my 2nd HG pg! (in this pic)
Brianna, HG pregnancy, 5/8/99
Angelina, HG pregnancy, 10/31/02, BOO!
Lost Angel, MC, DD 7/25/06
christineb
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Not a lot of progress, Kimber. But Christine and I are on it this week.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to HG Awareness & Activism