Adoption

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

Adoption

Postby Got2bmaemae » Aug 15, 2006 6:29 pm

Last edited by Got2bmaemae on Nov 07, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Got2bmaemae

Postby justme » Aug 24, 2006 8:43 am

I am very sorry to hear that you are struggling with this. Although the struggle seems hard, it seems that legally there is a lot of hope for you due to precedent. My prayers are with you. Please let us know when there is any resolution for you in this adoption challenge. My heart goes out to you. I can hear your desire for children and hope that your home is blessed with many.

Karen
justme
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 24, 2006 9:04 pm

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this fight. Are there any recent updates?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Got2bmaemae » Aug 28, 2006 4:40 pm

]...
Last edited by Got2bmaemae on Nov 07, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Got2bmaemae

Postby caleighbelle47 » Aug 28, 2006 11:14 pm

Sorry you have to deal with this. I hope that everything works out.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 09, 2006 10:02 am

Wow, you might have to pursue abandoment? How long is your abandonment law in your state? In one I've heard a year, in Utah it is two! I don't know what it is here in Idaho.

No, adoption isn't an easy alternative, but at least there IS an alternative. We are still waiting to be matched with a birthmom, and telling everyone we meet and know that we are approved to adopt and are looking for a birthmom. We have a friend who is already naysaying our choice of agency - but if you ALWAYS look at the statistics of how many babies there are compared to the # of couples in the states looking to adopt, you'll loose hope and faith, and we've only had completed paperwork in our file for not even 2 months!

I'm sorry you are struggling, and that the birthfather is challenging the laws. Didn't he know about the pregnancy? You must be panick stricken. We were foster parents in Utah, and as such, our son could have gone home at any time, but didn't, and we were able to adopt him. I know how that feels - and we, too, decided after that that HG sounded easier, and concieved, and then miscarried. Now we're hoping to adopt again, and I won't get pg again . . . in my mind there is a way that each child is meant to come home to a family - and no two paths have to be the same. HG takes its own toll, and can take a lot more than 9 months away from your life, too - so way your options carefully when that time comes. I know it's not easy to decide, been there. My youngest is 5, and we have an empty room all ready for another little one, and not knowing from when or where the child will come is hard.

We have a very good open adoption with our son's birthmom, even after she was working to get him back, and did not succeed, and we were the ones who had him during that time. Open adoption isn't for everyone, OR for every adoptive situation - there are some people out there who are birth parents who really shouldn't have contact with their bio kids who've been adopted - one situation we knew about earlier this year was a birthfather with a gun, who was a molester and a drug user - ummm, no. But, if you have ?'s about open adoption, and how we make it work, feel free to ask. We don't currently live in the same state, but we did for a while.

Keep us updated, and huge hugs.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Best of luck to you....

Postby BethersinMN » Sep 09, 2006 9:03 pm

Praying all works out for you and your family!

Love, Bethers
BethersinMN- Justin 1/9/96 SEVERE HG (9 wks-36.5 wks) Ryan 4/18/09 (HG & Severe Preeclampsia and Hellp at 25 wks emerg c-sec 29 weeks) and 4 beautiful angels 05/21/04, 11/16/04, 7/28/06 & 10/6/12 forever loved with God & my parents till we are all together. We have begun another journey to bring another Baby-Love home. God please grant us faith, strength, courage, patientence and love through this each and every day.
BethersinMN
HG Diva

Postby Natalie » Sep 10, 2006 7:23 am

Wow - it does sound slike you a dealing with a lot. I'm sorry things are not sttraightforward and I hope you find strength to continue your fight. I'm sure you know it will be worth it in the end.

My cousin was a contested adoption that went on for years (I am in the UK). She is the most amazing blessing to our family and she has now been with us for 18 years :) In fact, she was one of my bridesmaids :D

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Susannah » Sep 16, 2006 1:07 pm

:hugs:
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery