All approved and a Website Link

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

All approved and a Website Link

Postby Ivydragon » Jul 28, 2006 2:01 pm

So, we're finally all approved, our home study has been "written up" which means finalized, and done, and ok'd, etc. We're adopting through the LDS Family Services adoption agency, and part of the service is we are on their website for birthmoms to look at. We can even be contacted through the site.

So, here's the link. I know I don't post pictures, but it's because I can't figure out how, and don't have time to figure it out! So, there are pictures, and fun facts about us. Even if you could care less about us adopting, and just want to see what my family is like, feel free to take a look. We really tried to portray what we were like as a family. My Mom says it's really "us". It'd be interesting to know what some of you think who don't know us very well, what your impressions are. If you want to share them here or privately, I'd appreciate feedback.

http://www.providentliving.org/ses/birt ... -1,00.html

It's a long link, but it takes you directly to our profile - way, cool! We've emailed just about everyone we know, and told them we'd be delighted to become one of those forwarded emails! Some of our friends have actually forwarded us on. We've been told that more and more couples are adopting because of knowing someone who knew someone who was pregnant and was unwed, and didn't know what to do. So, we hope that someone we know knows someone! I hope that the fact that we're not set on a baby comes across: any sex, any race, and just younger than Adam who is five. We had a limited amount of space to write, it's amazing how many characters can get used up fast!

Well, that's our update. We're very excited, but wary, as we know the process of waiting can be really long. We've already had 4 maybe's turn into no's this year. In time, I tell myself, in time.

It's really fun to be able to pull up our family on an adoption website.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Jul 29, 2006 2:32 am

Andy, I have tears in my eyes after reading your beautiful profile!! Your family is a strong, loving one, and that comes through so clearly!!
I'll be following your path to your next lucky child closely!
Hugs
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby Atsie » Jul 29, 2006 8:19 am

It is beautiful. Crossing my fingers its a short wait.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby justme » Jul 29, 2006 9:52 am

Andy,

It was nice to learn about you and see your family. How wonderful a family you are. Congratulations on being approved and I hope you have a new blessing soon.

Also, thank you for all your work on this forum. This has been a blessing to so many people, including me.

Hugs,
karen
justme
Forum Moderator

Postby Jolene » Jul 29, 2006 11:22 am

That is such a great site!
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby Ivydragon » Jul 29, 2006 11:55 am

Thanks! I didn't reallize we'd made that big of an impact with what we'd written. I'll have to tell my dh! We've only had family feedback before this, so I'm very excited to know our profile came across so positively.

In my mind, I've already been waiting 5 years, so I don't think I'll ever think this a short wait. From the time we were foster parents we waited nearly a year before we had Adam as a foster child, and nearly a full year past that before we were able to adopt him. We waited 9 months before we had any prospects at all - not even a phone call. So, we'll see. We're adopting completely different this time, so we don't know what to expect. It has to be an open ended goal in my head, or I'll set myself up to be disappointed over and over again. It would be nice if we could have a short wait, but I don't even dare hope for one. You all can hope that for me. :wink:

Alden will be so excited that you gals like our profile. We hope it makes a strong enough impact on a birthmom so that she knows we're the right family to choose for her child. We hope.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby mrsbigdog » Sep 12, 2006 10:30 pm

Your page is wonderful and shows what a great family you have. Good luck.

Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby Susannah » Sep 16, 2006 1:04 pm

I have goosebumps. It is truely inspirational.
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby blessedw4 » Sep 29, 2006 7:16 pm

Andy,

I just came to this part of HER. Haven't been here yet and it's been over a year. :) Any family that chooses to have you adopt their baby is going to be so very blessed. Your website is awesome. :)
Marti
With my 4 miracles Annie, Hannah, Nate, and Leah
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end
blessedw4
HG Diva

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 30, 2006 1:10 am

Thanks for the positive responses about our website. Sometimes I wonder what strangers will think of it, so it's nice to have some actually tell me! Family is naturally prejudiced, lol.

Glad to know you're venturing out into new Forum corners!

Andy
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Proudmama » Sep 30, 2006 2:20 am

Andy,
Any birth mother would be blessed to have their baby a part of your family. Your profile is wonderful. It shows how caring you all are and how much your family enjoys one another.

:hugs:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby Ivydragon » Oct 01, 2006 11:51 pm

:D
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy