Surrogates in India

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

Surrogates in India

Postby bratty477 » Oct 24, 2007 7:11 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else saw the story on Oprah...

It was a very interesting story about surrogates in India...women in US are now hiring surrogates all the way in India to carry their children. It seems that in most cases if not all, the Indian women are NOT donating their eggs...just offering to carry.

Because living conditions can be so difficult for these women in India, offering surrogacy services brought them financial stability that they would have never been able to achieve in such a short time.
bratty477
HG Expert

Postby bibliojo » Oct 24, 2007 7:50 pm

I saw that show too... (I was watching specifically for the part about Martha Stewart's daughter going through, what was it, $27,000 a month in fertility treatments?!) But it was very interesting about the surrogacy too.
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby bratty477 » Oct 25, 2007 3:31 pm

Yeah, I was shocked at the figures she was throwing around. She's lucky she has the bucks for it because there are so many others who wouldn't be able to go that route without mortgaging their house or spending all their savings on it.
bratty477
HG Expert

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy