Thoughts about priv or public agency - from WI

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

Thoughts about priv or public agency - from WI

Postby Trie1970 » May 15, 2007 8:05 am

I am in WI -- and need thoughts.. We are a married couple with a 10 year old bio daughter - and wondering what to do next.... We are looking to adopt a child - or 2 between 5 and 10 years old.. We are attending the 16 hours of training right now - through the MATC. I am just looking for thoughts -- or different people's luck with the agencies.. Which is the best for us --- Priv or Public-- We were thinking the State - dept of Family services, but have be getting mixed thoughts. What do you think????
Teresa
Trie1970

Postby Atsie » May 17, 2007 9:06 pm

HI there,
I just wanted to make sure you knew someone had seen your post. I do not have the answer to questions but have put some PM's out there to the ladies I know who might. They should pop in soon with some advice.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Ivydragon » May 18, 2007 12:25 am

I got Atsie's message that you had posted and our experience may certainly be of some help to you. We have adopted as foster parents, currently have an aproved homestudy, and are looking at children in the same age bracket (and younger).

I want to read through all your messages before I respond, but honestly won't have time to do that for a few days--I'll write when I can.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy