At a loss

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

At a loss

Postby *my3sons* » Feb 12, 2007 10:07 pm

I wrote to Bethany about international adoptions. We would like to adopt a baby girl from China but they won't consider us because DH will be posted to England sometime this summer for probably 3-4 years (even though we will be spending at least 2 months a year in the states). You have to be in country (USA) for the entire adoption process. We can't wait that long because I am almost 38 and he is almost 41, by the time we get back we'll be right up on the age for not getting a baby. Are all "good" agencies like this? If so, I will be mourning another loss before it even arrived. Why do doors keep closing in my face? :(

Amy
my3sons
3X HG Survivor
loved and lost 2005
*my3sons*
HG Expert

Postby *my3sons* » Feb 14, 2007 12:19 am

Thanks, Zoe.

Yeah, I think we'll end up trying to adopt from China while we are in England. Not sure how that works but my DH is government and I'm sure there are others we can become acquainted with that have adopted out of country before.

The age 45 thing is an issue because DH will be that age by the time we get back and get through the adoption process. I also hope that it's not going to be a problem that we already have 3 boys. There's something like a 4 kids in the family max (including the adopted child). You know, my mother popped out 5 kids in 7 years. What's the big deal with parenting a lot of kids. I actually want to adopt 2 babies, maybe 2 years apart because I would like them to be able to share their origin with someone else in the home. To me, that seems important.

Any and all tips are welcome at this point.

Amy
my3sons
3X HG Survivor
loved and lost 2005
*my3sons*
HG Expert

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy