we adopted

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

we adopted

Postby nancypayne1 » Dec 04, 2004 12:37 pm

i almost feel bad for sharing our news after hearing the dissapointing situations so many are facing - but after terminaniting a much wanted pg last year due to mistreatment of hg - and after seeing doctor after doctor to try to have ababy with my husband and not a donor - and after finally coming to realize and accept that i was just not meant to have a baby of my own - christopher arrived!!! we went through more than one adoption possibilities- but god had other plans for us - i truley believe now that when it is right, there is a baby for you -

he was born sept 30, a premie too, and although hg still haunts me and the roads we travelled to get where we are today were long and hard and more than emotionally draining - i am happy to say that i made it to motherhood - many say great and you did it without the pain of labour and delivery - but we all know who have been down many of the same roads of our own pain and suffering that we too have gone through different pains to get where we are today - and i am here to say - don't give up hope - someone really is hearing our prayers - don't live in the past - hard as it is to forget my hg experience, and our loss - we all have reasons to believe that the future holds many great things for all of us - becaue we are all survivors!!!! we have all lived through hg hell, and we all know how to appreciate more than those who have never suffered as we have, the joys and blessings in our lives

wishing everyone the very best for the holidays -

nancy
nancypayne1

Postby Joci6 » Dec 04, 2004 7:29 pm

Nancy-

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. I don't know if you remember me - we spoke often about our situations. Well i am now 21 weeks pregnant and doing great. I have been off of Zofran for 2 weeks now. It was a rough road though. I am due April 15th.
Enjoy your little one and cherish this time.

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaLily » Dec 06, 2004 10:42 pm

Nancy -

Congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so happy for you and your family!

I hope you have wonderful holidays with your new little one! How exciting!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 18, 2005 8:23 pm

Nancy,

How did you go about adopting? I'm sure people will be interested in knowing what steps you took. We're starting our 2nd adoption paperwork, I know all too well the emotional pregnancy after HG trials. I am fortunate to have two biological children, myself. I am so glad that you found motherhood this way, and I wish more HGers would consider adoption.

Hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Guest » Sep 01, 2005 7:12 pm

I dont want to sound silly - but has anyone thought of putting up a website? I posted earlier about my adoption experience... I found my daughters family through their website. These days a lot more young people are looking for answers on their computer b/c its the only place they know to go to find the resources they need. Im not just speaking for myself when I was in that situation - Ive started working at a crisis center where a lot of these girls tell me thats one of the first places they look for a solution. Its kind of sad that they have to go to a computer for advise instead of someone that loves them but its a tough plave to be in. Ava's (my bio. daughter) parents put up a site with a letter to the birthmother, how they would raise a child, their family and friends and pets and even the neighborhood they lived in. It made me feel like they had nothing to hide and I felt like I knew them from the site - only they are much better in person! :)

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Mar 24, 2006 3:45 am

congratulations!!! my hat goes off to you for surviving and moving forward. pics??

hugs

sarah
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy