me again, having trouble getting rid of baby and pg things

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

me again, having trouble getting rid of baby and pg things

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 22, 2004 2:11 pm

Hi, me again.

Today I finally dumped the frozen orange juice cups I made just before she died ...kept them for almost 4 months without being able to get rid of them. And two weeks ago, I returned the Sprite (worked for a week) and Faygo (worked for three weeks) bottles for their deposits, really broke or I'd have kept them...hanging on to everything remotely related to the pg...cried the whole time I was at the grocery store. Absolutely dread seeing the mom I gave my maternity clothes. Anyone else do this sort of stuff?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Mar2 » Aug 24, 2004 1:03 pm

Hey Suzanne - <FOODMENT> You are going to laugh your butt off at me, but I kept an open package of Lorna Doone cookies, that my mom bought in the hopes something would stay down, in my briefcase until I returned to work after having Maranda. Now mind you, those cookies were purchased during my 1st HG pgcy--a month before we lost the baby so that is 18 months of crumbs (thank goodness they were in a ziplock)! I absolutely could NOT get myself to toss them. But once I had Maranda, I thought it was getting pretty disgusting, so I tossed them for sanitation (and sanity) reasons - LOL! Also, I didn't work for most of Maranda's pgcy so I forgot about those cookies until I returned to work. But I would NEVER have tossed them during her pgcy anyway.

Typically, I am the antithesis of a pack-rat. But I've still got boxes full of hospital wrist bands, HIPAA docs, zero size t-shirts, etc. from that first pgcy. And I'm not even close to throwing them out. Your pain is still so new and raw. Please go easy on yourself and take the time you need to mourn. Your body hasn't even caught up/recovered from the loss yet. It is going to take much, much more time and patience for your heart, mind, and spirit to heal.

(((HUGS))),
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

Postby clarissav » Aug 24, 2004 1:41 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Every doctor and lots that I have read have said that HG PG are excellent signs for healthy babies. I am wondering if others have heard that too? So it makes me doubly sad that you could go through HG then have a mc. That is so unfair. I had a mc at 5 weeks (no HG) and am now at 12 weeks with this one (mild HG) and am so worried about a mc.

Again I'm very sorry for you.

Clarissa
clarissav

Postby dwtegli » Aug 24, 2004 3:32 pm

All of my doctors and nurses have said that as sick as I have been this pregnancy means that the baby will be a very good baby. Also that it is very healthy. I hope they are correct.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby aaronsmommy » Aug 24, 2004 3:49 pm

Hmmm, I wonder what happened to my unopened package of Lorna doone cookies??? Yeah, I had one of those for a while too!
My huband actually got rid of most of the baby things we had before I got home from the hospital, I was kind of upset about that, but too upset about everything else. I actually came home and finished the baby blanket I had barely started as part of my healing, it helped!
We had a freezer full of popscicles (the flavors I couldn't eat) for months, thankfully my husband did the job of throwing those out, and he recently came across the emply syringe from the zofran pump that I had avoided throwing away from the car everytime I cleaned it out.
I have a folder with all the things I will never throw away, but I still was upset over that zofran syringe.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Cheri » Aug 25, 2004 12:38 am

I wore the wristband from being admitted for my d&c until it broke apart & fell off...about a month later. When it did I cried & cried...somehow it felt like my last connection to the baby. I had to answer lots of questions from people as to what it was while I was wearing it, but I just couldn't bring myself to cut it off :(
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby Mar2 » Aug 25, 2004 1:20 pm

Aimee & Cheri - I must be on the emotional side today because your stories about the baby blanket and wrist band brought me to tears. Some days, those feelings are just way too close to the surface. Anyway Aimee, I have to tell you my dh tossed a zofran syringe he found stuck under the frame of our nightstand and couldn't understand why I was so mad at him for not asking permission to toss it. I just called him to tell him about your syringe so he doesn't feel so bad anymore ;)
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

pharmacy

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 25, 2004 2:24 pm

So this all explains the pharmacy that is still right beside my bed.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

phen. supp.

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 26, 2004 1:51 pm

Oh man, having a really hard and lost day and went to get a slice of cheese and a phenadoz caught my eye on the shelf in the door. What do I do with it? wacko! :shock: :? :roll:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery