A Christmas Message for Bereaved Moms and Dads

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

A Christmas Message for Bereaved Moms and Dads

Postby IslandDreamer » Dec 25, 2005 10:55 am

A Christmas Message for Bereaved Moms and Dads:

For those of you who celebrate the birth of Christ, and those who do not but see all the Christmas reminders of the children who are not with you today, I send this message of sympathy and love. This is a particularly tough time of year to mourn. The joy and tradition of the season often make grieving more difficult and more intense. I know that’s the case for me.

As I sit on the couch holding my new little Jack and watching sweet Chris play with his toys, there is an empty place on the carpet at my feet where I see the shadow of my phantom child playing with her gifts. Loving my boys doesn’t take away the longing for Hope. And knowing Hope is in Heaven with our Savior doesn’t make me want her here less either. I just miss her.

And to those of you still in that first year of raw grief, I’m so sorry. It was just last year that we spent Christmas day trying to become a family of three again...the first time the 25th happened when Hope should have been in my arms. I remember going online feeling so lost and lonely, and I wanted you all to know that you are not completely alone in your grief. I’m thinking of you today.

I remind myself: Today is about the fullness of the manger, not the emptiness in my heart and home. And then I remind myself again.

Love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby BrandiJK » Dec 26, 2005 12:13 pm

What a heartfelt message. I cannot add anything more. Thank you for posting.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Kariinbliss » Dec 28, 2005 6:49 pm

Thank you so much for posting this, Suzanne. My loss has been especially on my mind lately (more than usual, if that's possible) and it is so good to know that other people feel the same way, although I wish like crazy that none of us ever had to go through this. Thanks again.
5x HG mom to:
Amy... born 1/20/92
Melissa... born 2/13/95
Alex... returned to heaven 6/20/05
Angel... watching from heaven 2/2/06
Peanut... safe in the Father's arms 4/24/06
Kariinbliss
Been There Done That

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery