m/c with hg

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

m/c with hg

Postby scorp1574 » Feb 04, 2005 8:20 am

I lost my baby this week and I am very sad.
I had hg and I was 13 weeks.
I starting spotting and my doctor told me it was normal.
A few days later I was bleeding and passing stringing clots.
I went and got an ultrasound and they said the baby had no heart beat.
The baby was measuring 12 weeks and I was 13 weeks.
I was a mess.
After all I went thur with the hg.
I lost 23 pounds, I was in the hostipal for a while, I was hook up to iv's for 3 months for 24 hours, had a pic line, feeding tube because the pic line and the iv's where not working for me. My nurse came every day to change my iv because my veins could not take any more.
I have a 2 1/2 year son (also had hg with him) and I could not change him or even out him to bed because I was so sick and hooked up to an iv pole for so long!
I did get a D&C that same day.
But I am very sad and I can't help but think if something I took caused this. They gave me so may meds. The doctors said every thing I took was safe for the baby. But who knows.
scorp1574

Postby 3kids » Feb 04, 2005 8:33 am

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry:.

Please know this wasn't your fault and that you did everything you could.
To go through the hell of HG and then to lose your baby, I can't even imagine.

"Thankfully" I did not have any sickness with any of my miscarriages, but I think it would hurt that bit more if I did. It sounds like a really severe case of HG you had.

I know how awful loss can be without having been so incredibly ill. I don't really know what I wanted to hear myself, so it is hard to know what to say to others, but please don't think this was your fault.

((((((((((((huge hugs)))))))))))))
Kelly, 30

3 m/c's

Jack, 3. HG 10w-birth
Katie, 2. HG 7w-birth
Ben, 7.5mo. HG 6w-birth

3kids
Been There Done That

Deepest sympathies

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 04, 2005 9:59 am

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry about your baby, about the hg, about everything. The guilt and questions are terrible, I know. And I can say it's not your fault, I'm sure your child's death is not your fault. But that is much easier to say than to feel.

When I miscarried my daughter in May, I had been through a real battle with hg, too. Two ER visits, a million meds, severe depression, unable to function, care for my son, the works. To give up so much for what seems like nothing is so painful. We lose our babies and our time. And for me, hoping not for you, the hg continued for several weeks...this is not typical but it's not abnormal either. Just sucks.

Did you select a name for your baby? That has really helped me, to call my daughter by name. It has helped me grieve and it has helped others begin to understand the depth of my pain.

Your loss is so new, your pain and grief so fresh and raw. I still grieve deeply and miss Hope tremendously. But I can breath easily most days and laugh sometimes, if that is encouraging. I also found Sherokee Isle's books very helpful and comforting. Have you found books to help you? People to support you? Please come here and share more about your baby. Grieve with us. We will support you and listen.

I'm just so very sorry.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Gail » Feb 04, 2005 11:21 am

I am so sorry for your loss and i understand how your feelin right now. Last year at this time I was pg. I was 14 wks when I had an u/s done and they told me my baby did not have a heartbeat any more. i also had iv's, been in the hospital and had children at home that I couldn't care for, and nearly lost my job from being out for so long. I had my D&C on Feb 9th last year. I was devestated to go through so much and have nothing to show for it but a broken heart. But it's been a year now and things are better for me.(I'm not sure if that helps or not.) I'm also even considering ttc again this year. This site has been a tremendous resource and support for me. If you need someone to talk to pls feel free to pm me. Again I am so sorry.
Mom to two girls
Sydney (6-7-95)
Lauren (10-13-99)
Lost Angel (2-9-04)

Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content---Bob Dylan
Gail
Opinionated HGer

Postby Cheri » Feb 05, 2005 12:17 am

I'm so sorry that you lost your baby. It's really not fair. Unfortunately, I've been in a similar situation. I told people that I felt like I was being shot in the back as I crossed the finish line for a marathon. I'd been so miserably sick and was just starting to feel slightly better.

Please don't blame yourself. I know it's really hard not having answers and thinking you may have done something to cause it. But when you treated your hg you were doing the best thing you could for your baby. Without treatment your life is at risk.

Hugs,
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby scorp1574 » Feb 05, 2005 1:16 am

Cheri wrote:I'm so sorry that you lost your baby. It's really not fair. Unfortunately, I've been in a similar situation. I told people that I felt like I was being shot in the back as I crossed the finish line for a marathon. I'd been so miserably sick and was just starting to feel slightly better.

Please don't blame yourself. I know it's really hard not having answers and thinking you may have done something to cause it. But when you treated your hg you were doing the best thing you could for your baby. Without treatment your life is at risk.

Hugs,
scorp1574

Thanks!

Postby scorp1574 » Feb 05, 2005 7:20 am

Thanks so much for everyone who got back to me with there stories.
It means so much to know how much everyone cares!
Thanks!
scorp1574

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery