Anticipate the Worst?

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Anticipate the Worst?

Postby HdGAMom2B » May 30, 2004 6:17 am

I know I'm the only one here right now, but maybe I can get some advice. How do you prepare for a pregnancy, after HG? Last time it was aweful, so I am I guess preparing for the worst. Any advice?

Christy in Maryland
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » May 31, 2004 5:23 pm

Yeah, tons of advice! But it takes a while to get through it all.

Firstly, you research, research, research! This HER site is loaded with great information, and you need to start reading some of it. Research all your options. Read the 1st tri. folder posts - read the 2nd tri. posts, and research everything that was tried for treatment last time, and everything that you didn't have tried that you find out about.

Then, we'll work on writing a protocol. We can tell you about what we think, and why, and then we'll find out what you think, and why, and you can figure out what works best for you (and then we support you to follow your protocol!).

Ultimately, you plan until there are no more options. Layer upon layer upon layer of options - and you hope for the best - within reason. Don't wish for no HG if your HG was severe - it's not going to happen, but you hope you don't need all that you plan for - and if you do, it's ok.

We'll talk more about physical prep., emotional prep., family prep., etc. after you have your mind more wrapped around your options.

So, how much time are we talking about? When will you start to ttc?

Oh, final note - you cannot do this all in one day - absorb what you can, and then go and do "normal" stuff - and then come back and absorb more.

I have some protocols to gather and post here - and so there will be more info to peruse I hope before the week is out.

Huge hugs - and it only looks like you're on your own. I wrote a protocol a year ago, and there are many others who may not be writing one right now, but have in the past - and they will come to help with resources. I moderate here - and Kimber's protocl prep is here as part of HER, and I've heard it's great (gotta get around to reading it!).

Start asking questions - best way for me to figure out exactly what info you need.

Hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to Preparation for HG