MIGRAINES/VOMITTING/HG

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

MIGRAINES/VOMITTING/HG

Postby aek » Feb 08, 2005 4:37 pm

Does anyone have any info. on migraines, vomitting & hg? For me it seems like the headaches and attacks of vomitting & heaving are linked. I feel a headache coming on and have started to dry heave already. I'm trying to prevent a full-blown episode w/ vomitting from occuring. Any recommendations - either in terms of medications or alternative therapies?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
aek

Postby Atsie » Feb 08, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi there,
I just got home from the Dr and he told me I could take a Tylenol 3 to help get it under control. He said it would help knock it down enough so that I could get things back under control. Obviously ask your Dr first but I am looking forward to no more headache!asked if it was safe and he said they use narcotics in delivery and it was safe. But I am also almost 34 weeks along so that may make a difference.
Good luck!
Erin
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Feb 08, 2005 5:50 pm

Hi there

I was just wondering whether you had migraines before you got pg? If not, could the headaches you describe be those awful, mind-bending dehydration headaches?

Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Feb 08, 2005 6:44 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid that I don't have much to add to what Erin and Natalie have already suggested, but would it help to be in a dark room? I know that when my HG was at it's worst I could not tolerate light or sound without it making me more nauseous.

I hope you'll find something soon that works for you.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG