Handing our HG Info

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Handing our HG Info

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jun 05, 2004 2:56 pm

Hi Friends, I have been diligently reading about HG on line, and I"ve ordered some books on morning sickenss. I know there isnt' much out there research wise, but I am receiving so much support here, it's totally worth the misery, to know you're not alone. I had this idea, and I thought i'd share it with you.

Since I have family and friends that have NO CLUE what we went through last time, I went to the HER main page, and printed up the brochures about HG, and I'm passing them out to anyone that'll be around when we're pg again. I want them to be totally prepared -- well, as much as we can be, about HG and how to support me/us through out this journey. We were so misunderstood last time, and I will be darned if some uneducated dolt makes another 'drink some gatorade and take a walk' remark to me! So, I have these 'brochures' and informaton printed up, and I'm handing them out when someone comes to visit. I carry them in my purse, and I talk to everyone that cares. So few people know aobut HG, and it's terrible.

I've also printed out the Treatment Algorithm from Motherrisk, as well as the Protocol from a few members here. I've also printed out the Suggested Protocol from HER (Health-Professionals section), for my doctors to know what the heck I"m talking about. Sadly, I have to educate my dear OB about this disease. Where am I, Mars?!

I plan to keep track of my progress once we conceive with the Month by Month chart. I'm not kidding, I need to be organized, well planned out,a nd deliberate if I'm going to make it trough this. I'm suggesting that you ladies who want ot conceive,a nd are serious about not terminating.... to get your stuff together, and gather up all the info you can find, and just dole it out to family and friends around you. It's so much easier than trying to explain why you have such trepidation about your pg quest.

I'll post this in another section also. I hope my soapbox isn't annoying today... I'm just very excited about the idea of a sucessful pg, and thrilled to have support here. I'm B6ing it every day, and exercising... whatever I can do to make it easier later on....

have a good day friends... be easy on yourselves....

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 05, 2004 9:48 pm

Such a great idea to print out a bunch of brochures for family and friends. It's a quick and easy way to educate them without having to explain it yourslef...which can be particularly hard when your in the midst of terrible nausea and vomitting.

You definitely sound prepared. Good luck ttc!

Rebecca
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 13, 2004 1:17 am

Boy, I'm out of date - where did you find the treatment algorithm for Motherisk?

Don't forget to hydrate lots now - I've heard the best hydration for anyone is to take their weight in lbs, and divide it in two, and that's their optimum fluid intake in oz. I think my BIGGEST mistake in going into both of my pgs is starting out dehydrated. Get used to drinking water now.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jun 13, 2004 6:47 am

UGH! I hate water! Maybe I should make soem Crystal Lite, or Iced Tea.. I hate water, the taste... I know I know, I need to hydrate now. I heard somewhere, that we're all dehydrated in general, all the time. So once you're pg, there's such a high risk of that starting you off wrong.. I totally agree wtih you...

OK, the Treatment Algorithm for nausea and vomiting in pregnancy is found at:

www.Motherisk.org/img/ClinChal_Fig1.gif

See if that's a link to it. I copied that off the bottom of my print out.

I'll take everything I can, to that doc's office on the 24th.

Thanks for your help. I'm so grateful to you all, for supprting me right now. I actually am excited! about getting pg, knowing it's not a death sentence.

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 13, 2004 2:00 pm

You'll want to look into Iced Tea to see if it helps hydrate or dehydrate. I know that some liquids actually contribute to dehydration when people drink them to quench their thirst, but today I'm having a totally blank mind day when it comes to prep, and I cannot for the life of me remember if tea is one of those - and it could be different if it's herbal or caffenated, too. I guess it's what I get for dreaming last night of our foreign exchange student and being lost in thought about our Dear Birthmom letter! Guess I better stop responding to posts here until my mind clears! lol.

Hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby MamaLily » Jun 13, 2004 10:18 pm

When I was ttc earlier this year, I went and bought some of that Propel Fitness Water. Has anyone tried it during HG? I guess it's water that is slightly flavored and then has vitamins added. It sounds great for HG. I was never pg so didn't try it...I'm going to keep it on my list, though, for a future pregnancy!
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 13, 2004 11:02 pm

Great idea Anna! I'm gonna write that one down. Gatorade and Powerade were always too sweet and flavored, but the Propel might be perfect.

Rebecca
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby caleighbelle47 » Jun 13, 2004 11:54 pm

I tried the propel fitness water and it was way too strong. I couldn't stand it. I've always enjoyed regular gatorade, but the propel is a lot sweeter. My guess is if you think that the regular gatorade is too sweet then you probably won't like the propel much either. So buy one bottle and try it before you buy very much. You can also try watering down regular gatorade a little bit, I know a lot of people who like it better that way.

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Return to Preparation for HG