Am I Crazy??????

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Am I Crazy??????

Postby mamahot » Dec 13, 2004 1:15 pm

Hello,I'm new here.Have 6 and almost 2 year old.HG was deathly with first and even worse with second,I swore I'd never get pregnant again even tried to get my tubes tied but ob talked me out of it. Well now I'm kinda wanting to have just one more,but I can't let HG hit me like a ton of bricks last pregnancy i went from 112lbs to 98lbs by 16wks.But whats worse is the post partum depression after.Is that normal for HG moms to get ppd after?And if so should I go on antidepressants during pregnancy,will antidepressants help with HG at all?What I mean to say is,maybe if my mood is better I won't feel so sick.Any advice???????
mamahot

Postby bibliojo » Dec 13, 2004 11:42 pm

Hi,

I can totally relate to what you are going through. I am planning for my second after having HG and PPD with my first. This next time I hope that it will be better by planning a protocol beforehand so that my HG will be treated properly. Also incorporated into my plan is being refered to a Reproductive Mental Health clinic so that I can be treated for my depression while pregnant rather than waiting until after the birth to deal with a lot of the resentment and hard feelings I would have had towards my baby while sick. Like you, I hope that being treated while pregnant will improve my mood which will maybe lessen the HG. I know stress can adversely affect HG. Did you have a protocol for either of your children? Women who have had HG with previous pregnancies and planned for it with their subsequent pregnancies have surprisingly said that it was easier -- not because their HG was less severe but because they anticipated what was going to happen and were prepared for it. There are also quite a few women on this website that have been or are on antidepressants while pregnant and they might be able to give you some information about that. I think it is in the medication experiences folder that you will find most of the information relating to this. Also another good source of information is Motherisk. They are the experts on what medications are safe to be taken during pregnancy. If you want to check them out, their website is www.motherisk.org. You can then take some of this information back to your doctor and ask him/her what they think is right for you.

Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Am I crazy.. I must be too

Postby Got2bmaemae » Jan 05, 2005 12:38 pm

So glad to know there are others out there. I
Got2bmaemae

Return to Preparation for HG