"the bright side" from Cathy

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

"the bright side" from Cathy

Postby RebeccaM » Nov 02, 2004 1:46 pm

This was posted by Cathy in the 2nd tri folder and I am copying it here:

Well, let's see. I'm 11 weeks, 4 days (I'm just visiting the second tri forum.) I am really sick of it all right now, too. I had a REALLY crummy weekend with a migraine in addition to the HG all day Saturday. SO, for both of our sakes, I will try to find the bright side.

First of all, we aren't six weeks pregnant!! We can look back and see the ground we've covered...remember when you first found out and the whole pregnancy loomed before you?? Praise God, we have made it through yet one more day!

Second of all, we aren't struggling to conceive a child we desperately want, but can't seem to have. As miserable as I am, I try to think of a couple friends I have who have been unable to conceive a child for years and years and years.

Third of all, we all have each other. I didn't know anyone with HG and wasn't connected to anyone on-line with it through my first three pregnancies. We are a little less lonely than we would be without each other.

Most of all, a beautiful little miracle is growing inside each one of us (and some have two!) who we will be able to hold and cherish and love on - a yummy little baby!! I really wish I could post a picture of my 13 month old in the costume he wore yesterday to our fall festival (I MADE myself go - much to my husband's dismay - because I didn't want to miss it.) We dressed him as "Spaghetti and Meatballs" and he was quite adorable, I must say. Babies are SOOOOOOO cool. :D

Cathy
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor