My story of hope...

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

My story of hope...

Postby RebeccaM » May 29, 2004 11:02 am

I am the mother of one beautiful 8.5-month-old baby girl. I survived 9 long months of HG, and I am willing to do it again (hopefully twice).
I live in Salt Lake City, UT and am a stay at home mom, doing a little bit of graphic design work on the side. I am very excited for an HG free summer, because last summer was not, and next summer probably won't be either. I have a wonderful husband who I've been married to for a year and a half (our little sweetheart was a honeymoon baby).

My HG lasted my entire pregnancy, but I was able to control it pretty well with Zofran. Only one ER trip and one hospital hydration. I've learned so much throughout my last pregnancy that I feel so much more empowered for the next one.

Having HG taught me so much about life and about myself. I feel like I came through it a better, stronger person. I value this experience like I value any other life experience. It makes you stronger and it makes you the person you are today.

That's my story. I look forward to hearing others.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Re: My story of hope...

Postby bluesharny » Jun 15, 2004 4:56 pm

Hi
It is good to read about others who have had / do have HG but, believe me, I really feel for you. I am British and haven't managed to find much support over here - other than one fantastic friend who I met in hospital in September 2003 when we were both admitted with HG 2nd pregnancies for both of us - I met her in the toilets on the maternity ward when we were 4 and 7 weeks pregnant, and knew she had HG as she also had an IV drip in her arm and looked deathly white! We have been great friends since and now we both have healthy babies (10 and 11 weeks - both girls) take a laugh now and then about the amount of people who have, of course, had HG "Oh, I know how it feels, I had that too" - "When were you hospitalised?" "Oh no dear, I managed to stay at home and eat small amounts little and often" !!!! AGGGGHHHHH!!!! :roll: No more babies for us, but we have two angels each (HG 4 times between us) :lol:
bluesharny

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 15, 2004 6:19 pm

That is so great that you have a friend to suffer through HG with you. Well, it would actually be better if neither of you had to suffer, but since your suffering anyways, it's so nice to have someone who COMPLETELY understands you. And how appropriate that you met in the toilets. :)

There are so many people that don't understand what it is to really be pregnant and sick, and in the thros of HG. I hate it when people tell you they know how you feel and then say things like, "I even threw up twice..." Yeah, well I also threw up twice...in 15 minutes :!:

There is another forum here about HG outside the United States. There are several ladies that live in Engalnd, and I'm sure they would love to hear from you.

It's so good to hear people that have been through HG and are now happily on the other side with wonderful lives and beautiful children. For me, it's almost like I experienced such lows while I was pregnant, that I can truly appreciate all the good things in life. Thanks for sharing your story!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby wlsm06 » Jun 21, 2004 2:22 pm

Hi Everyone --

I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with my third child. I had HG with my first two children as well. Milder HG with my first, pretty severe HG with my second and so far I would rate this experience in the middle. Having been a veteran with HG I was armed with Zofran, the support of my doctor and close family members that knew better not to call it "morning sickness." If I hear anyone say it is "morning sickness" and will go away after the first trimester than I feel like literally decapitating them. If someone hasn't had HG than they really don't understand. It is not only a physical ailment, but a mental one with anxiety and guilt over your own health and the health of your unborn baby.

I get such a kick out of being in the emergency room sometimes and them asking me how many times I vomitted. They always think I am being funny when I say I lost count. The vomit fits could go hours at a time and I never leave the toilet.

I am counting the days until I deliver and then knowing I completed my wish to have three children.

My heart goes out to all women that suffer with HG out there.
Stacey
wlsm06

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 21, 2004 11:48 pm

Well you're about one third of the way there, and when you have HG, that's quite and accomplishment! Best of luck with the next two trimesters. Hopefully you feel "slightly" better :) . It's great that you will have a beautiful family with three beautiful children at the end of all this.
Congratulations (in advance :wink: )
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor