Baby worth it all.

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

Baby worth it all.

Postby joannajoachim » Jul 02, 2004 12:38 am

I had never heard of hg before my 12th week of pregnancy. I thought my extreme nausea, vommitting and dehydration was all part of being pregnant. After switching providers and recieving 10mg of Zofran daily, I finally was able to enjoy my pregnancy. Medication didn't take away all symptons, but it took a huge edge off of them. Accepting help and admitting that you have more than just morning sickness isn't a sign of weakness. You have no control. Finding a knowledgable and concerned provider makes all the difference. Before filling a prescription, check with your pharmacy to see if they stock the medication. I found that many pharmacies don't and have to order it. And keep your eyes on the prize. Your baby is worth every moment. I threw up until the day our daughter was born. But that doesn't stop us from trying for number two now! :D
***UPDATE*** November 2004
We are 5 months pregnant with #2. While my symptions with HG came quick and early this time. We knew how to treat them immediatly and keep things under control. The only problem is that the meds are so expensive. We are looking into acupuncture to maybe offset some of the costs. We don't expect symptons to go away, educating myself has made all the difference in how I look at this problem.
Last edited by joannajoachim on Nov 11, 2004 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joannajoachim

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 02, 2004 9:01 pm

I, too, was throwing up til the end, but now that I have my beautiful little girl, I don't regret any of it. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you get your number two soon!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor