HG makes you act in ways you never would think.

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

HG makes you act in ways you never would think.

Postby sgt.redhead » Aug 25, 2005 10:06 pm

I am a 4x survivor and on my 5th. I'm now 18.5 weeks pregnant and barely making it through.You never become a pro just a little more understanding about what is happening.
But in saying that each time has been different some more severe than other..with my 2nd child i was in and out if the E.R...iregular heart beat,dehydration etc..
I am a very calm and level minded woman....but w/ one pregnancy it took all i had to just crack a smile.The year was 1997 and i really felt at that point my Dr treated me like a overly sensitive pregnant patient.
I would call her office to beg for some kind of help...her nurse would call me back with the usual laundry list of non-helpful things. Eat small meals eat crackers,drink ginger-ale ,so on and so forth.
Finally after a E.R visit for throwing up blood my husband had enough as well I. We went down to the DR. office and I demanded something.(me demanding anything is so not me)
My DR. said she would call something in..and i went on my way.

Went to the Pharmacy(we has Kaiser in those days)So I sat calmly for 1.5 hrs to get my meds.My number gets called and the Pharm Tech tells me he has misplaced my pills to hang on.. he is going to find them.I'm like ok!..no big deal.
So i go sit down and wait for another 30min. He waves to me to come up and he tells me to come back in the morning. they cannot find my meds and they need to get some sort of approval to fill another r/x and it cannot be done till the morning.
Well that was it!!!! I snapped...I freaked all the way out.... I started screaming at the top of my lungs... that "I was not going to leave until I had my meds!!" my poor husband sat with a look of sheer horror on his face.
He had never seen me raise my voice even in one of our most heated arguments.I did not even so much as groan when I gave birth to our 1st child.So he was just shocked that I had it in me to go there. ha!ha!

I got my meds never the less. To my surprise(ya right! ha!ha!) I was informed on my next office visit that my DR. would no longer see me... due to my conduct at the Pharmacy.
I say oh well !!!The new Nurse Practioner they sent me to.. was so nice and caring i loved her.
When it comes to my children or my health during pregnancy I will not accept anyhting less than fair.Neither should any of you...that doesnt mean being a bugaboo..but if you feel you are not being treated right... by all means "SPEAK UP!!!"
So hang in there ladies it may get better.. it may just get more easy to deal with or like for me just turn into a horse of a different color every week.I never really know what the heck to do outside of just taking my meds and laying down.

The other point i'd like to make is that it all comes to a amazing end...with a beautiful new baby and then very quickly the sickness ends.In my case right after the placenta is removed i feel 100% better.Than I am a hungry crazy person for about 6 weeks.

much love
sgt.redhead
mom to 4 ...prego w/ 5th... due jan 26
sgt.redhead

What a great story

Postby Bethers » Aug 29, 2005 7:06 pm

What a great story and what a strong woman you are to go through HG so many times. Congrats on baby #5. I am glad you stood up for yourself. Great story.

All the best.
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby helen-l-a » Sep 07, 2005 2:39 pm

WOW!!! what a woman..... I wish I could have seen that. What appalling treatment tho'........

Nice to meet youxx

Helenxxx :D
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor