My 5-year old has a plan for HG . . .

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

My 5-year old has a plan for HG . . .

Postby Mary Susan's Mom » Jun 19, 2005 7:11 pm

My dd, Mary Susan, who is a precocious child recently told me that she had a plan for being pregnant. In her own words . . .

"When I am married first I will adopt four kids so that when I am pregnant they can take care of me when I am throwing up. And one should be big enough to make me Jello."

She has also been drawing pictures of me. I'm a stick figure in bed with a belly with a baby. And there are trays next to me with various objects. She pointed them out to me. "This is the barfing bowl; this is the zofran medicine; this is the cup of ice, this is the klenex box; this is the vitamins; this is the mints..."

Having her around makes me remember why I am going thru this!

-Liz
mom of Mary Susan (4-2000)
and one on the way
Mary Susan's Mom

Postby Beth B » Jun 19, 2005 7:49 pm

Liz, you have to save those pictures! That is too cute!
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby helen-l-a » Jun 20, 2005 1:05 pm

I guess it brings another meaning to 'preparing for HG'.... and at such a tender age :lol: I agree, you should definately keep them to show her when she is older, and of course anyone else who might appreciate her observations. I especially like the plan to adopt first.............. now why didn't we think of that????

Helenxxx :D
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 20, 2005 9:31 pm

:lol: LMAO...couldn't breath for a minute...getting off the floor. Kids are SO funny and so real. My son has a puke bucket he's carried around for 10 weeks. :shock:

Actually, I think your daughter's protocol has some serious merit...she's got specific numbers, a plan of action for each of the four children, a good hold on the meds and the jargon, and the plan to be sick for 9 months. She's a SMART girl!

Thanks for sharing this story.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor