HANG IN THERE!

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

HANG IN THERE!

Postby NanaWeez » May 09, 2005 9:20 am

Hello. Just a little note to help anyone out there who is having a bad day. I'm a 4-time HGer and have helped my daughter through two HG pregnancies.

I know what you're going through. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than nausea. It is so debilitating. It is so all-encompassing. I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly.

Just know this: THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL! Hang on--one day you WILL be yourself again. You will feel good. You will even feel great. You'll be able to run and laugh, drive a car, go to lunch with friends, make a bed, and yes, even live a schedule.

For now, though, relax and just get through this. Give yourself permission to surrender to HG and just survive. Minute by minute. Hour by hour. Just exist. That's the most important thing you can do. My doctor told me, "The less you do, the better you'll feel." Live by it.

It's hard to imagine right now, but you're going to make it through this--and before you know it, you'll be holding the most special little person in your arms--someone who will change your life forever. It's SO worth it.

Love to all of you...
NanaWeez :wink:
NanaWeez
4-Time HG Survivor
Mother of 6
Helped Daughter through 2 HG pregnancies
NanaWeez

Postby hollymom » May 09, 2005 10:07 am

Great advice! I agree with everything you said!

Your daughter is lucky to have a mom like you!

Love, Holly
Holly xxx
wife to Brian
mom to eight beautiful children
five hg pregnancies
three adoptions
hollymom
Been There Done That

Postby Kadinga » May 10, 2005 6:49 am

Like Holly, I feel that your daughter is very fortunate.

One moment at a time is so valuable a thing. I remember telling people when they asked how I could bear it that each day is only one day. The days when you spend more time in the bathroom than out of it are a bit harder to take, but they are still each only one day. When I'm sick again (hopefully soon) I'm going to come back and read this thead again to pick me up when I need it.

Thankyou

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Postby Natalie » May 10, 2005 2:19 pm

Hi Nanaweez

Thanks for the encouraging words - they're always welcome.

Aren't you Anna's mom? If so, how is she doing? Can you update us??

Please pass on my warmest regards.

Thanks

Natalie, x

P.S. Really, really hope I've got the right person!!!
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Thank you!!

Postby Bethers » Aug 28, 2005 4:53 pm

God bless you for such encouraging words. Wow. With my first son I could have used that. I didn't have much support and my first husband was an alcholic. My mom and friends were my rock. Being hospitalized 40 times it sucked. I would love to have you as a buddy if you would be able to? I lost 2 babies last year with my new husband. My mom died 3 years ago. So it was tough without her. The first one we lost was a miscarriage at 5 weeks lost it on my hub's birthday :(. The second one we had to terminate due to bad medical care at 16 weeks. I was so miserable. We rushed into the adoption process and lost a lot of money and got out of it and are trying again next year. I have a new dr. lined up. I will make it through and I will read your post when I need too. Thank you again for those words.
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor