solid oak toilet seat

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

solid oak toilet seat

Postby amylds » Jun 06, 2004 11:47 pm

I think you have to be sort of twisted to think anything related to HG is funny, but if it's possible, I've got a great one. During my first pregnancy, before discovering zofran, I was staying at my grandma's so she could help take care of me (I had lost 25 pounds in 2 weeks and was working on recovering). I was on phenegran so I was pretty out of it but it didn't help the vomiting at all. Well, during one puking session, I accidentally bumped the toilet seat which I had propped up. It came crashing down on my nose. Since it was a solid oak toilet seat, it gashed me pretty hard and I started gushing blood. I went back to my room where my husband was laughing and crying all at once. I still have the scar! I thought it was pretty funny even at the time, or at least ironic--it helped me remember that no matter how bad things are, they can always get worse! :lol:
HG survivor and crazy enough to do it again (and again).
amylds

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 07, 2004 10:59 am

Ouch! Next time I'm puking, I'll make sure to stay away from those oak toilet seats. :wink:

BTW-I'm glad the steroids have helped you feel so much better. Now maybe you can somewhat enjoy the summer. It's been so hot! That can't be fun for you. Hopefully it cools down soon.

Rebecca
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby _Laurie » Jun 08, 2004 6:47 am

Oooooh that had to hurt! I had the seat fall down on me once, but it was platic and it didn't hit me hard exactly, it kinda encircled my neck. Yikes... At least I had me dh clean the toilet daily. :D

Laurie
Laurie
3HG pregnancies: 2 sweet girls 4/01, 4/03, and my twins 1/27/07

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor