ROLL CALL: Where are we from?

Discuss issues unique to your country such as your health care system, medications, etc.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Hi

Postby Satyam in Australia » May 09, 2005 6:47 am

Hi I'm Honey ((was known as Satyam on the old board))
I'm 25, I have a beautiful challenging 19 month old daughter Lily.
We live in Townville Qld Australia (I spend a bit of time in Sydney)

I have had two HG pregnancies the first ended at 10 weeks. HG definately changed my life. I don't think I will have any more children, but I won't say never, at least I will know where to come for advice and support.

6 months ago my partner left me for another woman and it has been an awful seperation, still continuing.
I started my Uni degree in Midwifery. I plan to use my experience with HG to bring awareness to others about it (especially Midwives and other women). Did any of you Aussies see the HG article in a recent pregnancy mag I was interviewed for it months ago but haven't seen it or even know which mag it is in now!

Good to get to know you all
Best wishes
Honey
Satyam in Australia

Postby bibliojo » May 10, 2005 12:34 am

Welcome back Honey!

Although you probably don't know me, I have read quite a few of your posts on the HuGS site so I almost feel like I know you! :)

I'm so sorry about your partner leaving you. But I am glad to see that you are taking charge of your life and have enrolled in midwifery! I think that would be a very interesting subject to study! I hope it goes well and you are able to educate and raise awareness about HG.

Best wishes to you and your daughter...looking forward to getting to know you better!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Traci in Japan » May 10, 2005 1:09 am

Hi Satyam

Lovely to see you on the boards again. We were in Australia at the beginning of the year. So good to catch up with family. My Kalan was one last week. At the moment all 3 of the boys are in the sandpit chatting away.

Sorry to hear about your partner. Raising kids can be tough, but I'm sure you will get through - you had a horrendous run with hg and survived. Lily is lucky to have such a great mum.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

Postby Satyam in Australia » May 10, 2005 2:25 am

Thanks Joanna and Traci.

Talk with you more soon hopefully
Honey
Satyam in Australia

Postby Kadinga » May 10, 2005 7:17 am

Hi, I'm Amanda, I'm 33 and I live with my farmer husband in the shade of the Grampians in Western Victoria, Australia. I was born in Forbes, spent my childhood in Glen Innes (both NSW) my adolescence in Mildura (Vic) then lived in Adelaide and Melbourne before landing here.
I have a beautiful little girl, and was sick for the entire pregnancy. I'm suspicious that a large dose of folate that I was strongly advised to continue taking throughout due to my Spina Bifida may have been a large player in my sickness level, but there's other things too that I'm experimenting with in my determinedly optimistic approach to my next pg.

I took maxolon for the whole pg, but it only worked after two trips to hospital, IVs including potassium, steroids, B6, and then the midwives told me to stay absolutely horizontal for a minimum of 10-15 minutes after taking it. I'm going to try the lying down game right from the start this time, to see if that was really what made the difference!

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

UK Roll Call

Postby helen-l-a » May 14, 2005 6:45 am

Hi

I recently joined this Forum after making it downstairs!!

I live in Wales but am originally from Buckinghamshire.... I do have relatives who live in the North East (and for the Durham members amongst you... my Dad came from Durham).

This is my 4th pregnancy... my last one was also HG. Definately NO MORE!!!!! :lol:

I am due in November.... at some point!

Helenxxx :D
helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby Natalie » May 14, 2005 5:01 pm

Hi and welcome to Emma, Amanda, Honey and Helen

Honey: I just wanted to add that I'm sorry about your partner leaving you too. Single mums have such a tough time of it. I hope you have supportive family and friends around you.

Helen: Where in Wales are you - North or South? I am in Bristol, just over the Severn!

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby picklemum » May 14, 2005 10:35 pm

Hi,

My name is Sheri and I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I have a 15 month old son, Cole and am currently 11 weeks pg with #2 - both hg. In the thick of it right now. It is so awesome to talk with all of you - it has been a life and sanity saver!

Sheri
picklemum

Wales

Postby helen-l-a » May 15, 2005 6:35 am

Hi Natalie

Thanks for your message. Sometimes not sure where I am myself! damned hormones!!!

I live in North Wales so a little way I think??? Shall have to look on the map. Sometimes I get really confused when people here are talking about Manchester not being too far... I think that is still miles away! but it isn't really.............. see what I mean... damned hormones! :lol:

Hope to speak to you again.

Love Helenxxx :D
helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby MummytoLottie » Sep 10, 2005 9:14 pm

Hi!

I'm Lucy, 27, south east england. First hg pg 2002-3 from 6wks-delivery. 2 x hospital admissions for total of about 5-6wks, iv's,meds, ng tube..horendous and hoping to ttc oct/nov! <eek>
MummytoLottie

Postby helen-l-a » Sep 12, 2005 2:46 am

Hi Lucy... just wanted to say a big hello and good luck with ttc.. we will all be rooting for youxx

Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby MummytoLottie » Sep 20, 2005 11:22 am

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I'm a bit late in replying!! Where abouts in uk are you roughly??
MummytoLottie

Postby Natalie » Sep 20, 2005 3:20 pm

Hi Lucy

It's always nice to have another UK HGer on here :)

I see you're thinking of ttc later this year - it's never to early to satrt preparing!!! Have you thought about a protocol / done any prep at all yet or is it just too daunting???

Do have a rummage around the Preparation folder and see what you can unearth!

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby helen-l-a » Sep 21, 2005 5:50 am

MummytoLottie wrote:Hi Helen,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I'm a bit late in replying!! Where abouts in uk are you roughly??

Oops... I don't come into this folder very often.. sorry :oops: .. I am in North Wales.

Mum to.....
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby MummytoLottie » Sep 21, 2005 6:20 am

Hi Helen!

Don't worry, neither do I. I've only recently started browsing and occassionally leaving messages etc!! I have,at the moment, a slight disadvantage in the fact that I don't have email at my house..so have to use it at work or at my mums. Hoping to change that soon so that I can have more input..especially when I need it!!

I'm in the south east of the country so quite a-way from you.

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for the email. Everyone on this site is really friendly. I'm currently taking vits and fish oil and planning on ttc next month. I kinda feel prepared..and have started to prepare a protocol (lifting ideas where able to!!) hoping it will come in useful!! Think I feel prepared enough..well I'm excited about ttc anyway! Not sure how I'll feel (if) when hg hits!! :(

Whereabouts are you in the country? Its a shame that there isn't a uk based support group..maybe something to think about or get involved in if it has already been started???
MummytoLottie

Postby MummytoLottie » Sep 21, 2005 6:22 am

Hi Again Natalie,

I've just seen where your from on the little bit of info next to the picture of bethy!! (should open my eyes more!! :shock: !!)

How do you get that little thing that tells you how long you have to go. And whats been happening with your preg this time?? Preparing etc and the hg??

Thats if you don't mind me asking??

Lucy x
MummytoLottie

Postby helen-l-a » Sep 21, 2005 7:20 am

Hi Lucy

The count down is called a ticker.... they are great. It took me ages to get one up and running as not good at techno stuff to do with computers etc... there are a number of places you can get them from and they are FREE!!... snugglepie.com..lilypie.com are just two.. if you have seen a style you like there should be small print to say which website it is from. Then just get busy chosing and then paste the code into your profile.. at the bottom there is a box that you can add information to end any post with.. post the code into there... the only problem is I can't remember which code you need.. :oops: it is not the html one... but that is all I can remember. If you get stuck post into any of the boards and someone will come up with all the info I can't remember! :lol:

I didn't have computer access at all with my dd so didn't even know I had hg let alone a support group existed like this. There did used to be uk based support group called blooming awful but that is no longer operational. To be honest I hesitated about joining this one being based in the US etc, but I am so glad I did. Everyone is so lovely and supportive. It doesn't matter that we are all so far away from most of the other members. It has opened my eyes to new recipes... language differences, parts of america that I perhaps would never know anything about... Australia, New Zealand. Any questions about anything to do with that country and all the info can be sought right here. It's great! :D

I look forward to posting with you again. Take care and if you get stuck on the ticker... just post. :D

Take care and keep in touch.

Mum to.....
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby Atsie » Sep 21, 2005 7:28 am

I totally missed this post! The day it was started was the day after Jordan was born so that is my excuse!

I guess I will add my info! My name is Erin. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. My DD caused me Moderate HG. She was six months old yesterday. I was on Diclectin, maxeran, zantac, b6 and was supposed to take prenatel vitamins (HA). The funny thing is, I am itching to join the TTC folder now. But I will wait until the summer.

Erin
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby MummytoLottie » Sep 21, 2005 7:32 am

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the reply. I know about blooming awful site and it is a shame that it is no longer opperational,I got alot of information from them when I was pg (2003). I did join this site then although never actually post anything or chat to anyone as wasn't really able to spend time on comp!! Anyway I'm certainly doing things different this time! I agree that it is a really friendly group..but then we wouldn't wish what we all went throu on anyone so all try to help!

I'll have a go at that ticker thing but don't need just quite yet!
MummytoLottie

Postby helen-l-a » Sep 21, 2005 7:42 am

Hi again Lucy...

You can get tickers for ttc if you would like one... I forgot to add that in the other post about tickers.... they are for all sorts of things.. :D

You are right about not wishing HG on anyone, but if I didn't have HG then I wouldn't have had the priviledge of meeting such a nice bunch of people so HG does have it's bonus I suppose :lol:

Anyway take care....x
Mum to.....
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!

helen-l-a
HG Expert

PreviousNext

Return to HG Beyond North America