Baby Teeth?

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Baby Teeth?

Postby aaronsmommy » Sep 15, 2004 4:09 pm

Aaron's teeth are awful. He has 2 that may need fillings when he is old enough for the dentist's anesthesiologist to give him sedation (2 years). One of them has looked bad since it started growing in, the other, the problem is in the back so who knows?
I have always had good teeth and still have no fillings after 2 hg pregnancies and my husband's teeth aren't as good, but they sure aren't this bad.
I'm wondering if this was an issue with my nutrition in pregnancy. I was on TPN, so I got a reasonable assortment of calories, fats, proteins, but it doesn't tend to be as good for things like calcium and maybe other things essential for baby teeth.
I know most people here weren't on TPN past the second trimester, but some had a pretty limited diet and I was wondering if anyone else had a baby with problem teeth?
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby nomore » Sep 16, 2004 12:53 pm

Aimee,

I was on TPN in just my 2nd trimester. I only ate a limited diet also. I wasnt allowed to have any fat (due to the GB problems), but I did have cravings for no fat frozen yogurt and ate it as much was tolerated. So, I figure I must of gotten some calcium in.

Madisons teeth are ok to my knowlegde. She will have her 1st dentist appoitnment in January when we add her to our dental insurance policy (she will be 2 in Feb). (Who can believe it!)

I will keep you posted on her teeth! Hope Aaron is good otherwise :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby Mar2 » Sep 16, 2004 1:31 pm

Thanks for the heads up Aimee. I can't remember when I stopped TPN, but I think it was right at the cusp of the 2nd and 3rd trimesters with infrequent meals until delivery (luckily, I could keep down 2 foods but couldn't eat every day). Maranda has 14 teeth and 2 more pushing thru with no signs of decay yet. She'll see the dentist for the first time next May so I'll post an update then.
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG