Fibromyalgia anyone?

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Fibromyalgia anyone?

Postby IslandDreamer » May 04, 2006 9:15 am

I know there have been other posts, but I can't find them to bump. Let's start again.

Who was diagnosed with fibro after having HG?

EDITED TO ADD:

Here's a great link http://www.fmnetnews.com/pages/basics.html Since I'm going to temp for Hypothyroidism, I found it interesting :? that there is a link between thyroid and fibro...ugh.

AND still MORE interesting:

1-2 % of the American population have fibro...doesn't it seem much higher here? http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079
Last edited by IslandDreamer on May 04, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby rjdecker » May 04, 2006 3:15 pm

I was diagnosed before I ever got pg. Does that count?

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby Gail » May 04, 2006 3:44 pm

I think I found the post. Is this it?

http://www.hyperemesis.org/forums/viewt ... bromyalgia
Mom to two girls
Sydney (6-7-95)
Lauren (10-13-99)
Lost Angel (2-9-04)

Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content---Bob Dylan
Gail
Opinionated HGer

Postby IslandDreamer » May 04, 2006 6:06 pm

Thanks, Gail. That's the one.

Any new members?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Erinf » May 04, 2006 8:05 pm

Maybe me! The doc says maybe mild fibro, but not sure yet. I go back at the end of May.
~Erin
Erinf
Welcomed Friend

Postby Terri » May 19, 2006 7:52 am

I started having FM troubles after my first pregnancy. I've been fighting it for the last 5 years. It's been a nightmare. Plus my migraines have been worse in the last few years, too.

During the first part of this pregnancy, it seemed to have faded, but now that I'm getting big, it's coming back. Soooo miserable. I watered my plants (outside) two days ago. Got a migraine that night, and have had neck and shoulder pain with it. Before I was preg, I was taking Immitrex for migraines and Percocet for FM pain. Now I'm pregnant and cannot continue with those at the levels I was before. Last night I finally did take an Immitrex and later took 1/2 a percocet. And I've been freaking out about it ever since.

On top of all that, my depression has gotten exponentially worse during the HG, and now continuing into the rest of the preg. I take an SSRI for that and I think I have to stop taking it now that I'm in my third tri because of the risk of the baby having to go through withdrawals from it.

It can't ever be just one thing, can it?
~~Terri
Cassidy Joan HG 06/07/01
Mystery Baby HG Due 08/14/06
Terri
Been There Done That

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG