Me again, just an update

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Me again, just an update

Postby karolinagurl20 » Apr 19, 2006 8:45 pm

So I made it to three of my appointments today! The chiropractor said its my neck giving me headaches, the dentist said its my teeth my doctor said to get my eyes checked. Figures huh everyone thinks they know but nobody really knows. My doc gave me imitrex for migraines. I have to get my wisdom teeth out three of them have cavaties :oops: My question is.... 4 weeks p.p. and eating normal and taking vitamins and Im still really dizzy and nauseas. Is anybody else? Isnt this not normal shouldn't I be fine. Doc says its cause I have anxiety but Im not so sure thats the reason I know it contributes but c'mon I feel like Im going to hurl so bad I never do but thats probably cause when it gets real bad I pop a half of zofran. Im so discouraged I need the physical part back or I'll never be able to take care of the mental. Can I still be blaming it on the hormones?
severe HG
1st and last timer
karolinagurl20
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Yay for you!!! You got to all three. Yay! Sounds like you're seeing improvement each day...wish it were all good and no lurking symptoms of yuck.

I had trouble with dizziness for quite a long time...still have it once in a while, but it's not a regular thing anymore. Nausea? Ya, that continued a bit too...and I have ZERO gag reflex...everything makes me want to puke and I get motion sick like I'm 3. These are not things I remember from having Chris, so I have no idea how long we'll be dealing.

I really found mineral supplements help a lot with the dizzy and the twitching I had. (I am finally done fisting salt down my throat :P )

You know, the severe headaches could be all three things piling up...all the docs could be right. Are you better since your adjustment? (Chris called adjustments "tucks" when he was a little guy and got a few. We took my Mom to her chiro appt., and Chris simply begged, "I want a tuck I want a tuck." He likes tucks...lol.)

I have used the Zofran similarly...so good to have a few extra.

As for the anxiety, it does tend to settle down as routines are set and we get more comfortable, hormones calm, and depleted systems get replenished. You will want to ask the therapist about breathing exercises and such, and you may want to consider PTSD treatments.

So glad to *see* you. You really do sound so good, Kayla. I know you want to feel great again, and you will, but I have to tell you what a difference I see in just the short month.

How is little man Cru? Jack sends a baby high five.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG