Me, post HG

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Me, post HG

Postby BrandiJK » Apr 12, 2006 11:11 am

There was an ongoing thread about this, but I can't find it.

I still get cold. Like, the painful to the bone HG cold. The only time I am not cold is when I am hormonally and unnaturally, miserably hot.

I get dizzy. Like I need to eat, no matter how much I eat. It has been suggested to be I get my iron checked?

I have a pain below my rib cageand above my belly. Like a burning senstaion.

I feel like a jiggly ball of floppy skin (grrrrrrr) I watch my diet and work out when I can, so far only to keep my weight the same as it was after birth.

I have always been nausous in the mornings, it is worse now.

I also seem to have gained an ability to just go and go and go and go no matter how I feel. That's a bonus! I think?

My nails are very strong all of the sudden, could be the prenatals

I suddenly have an intense love of cooked FOODMENT onions END FOODMENT. I never liked them before, now I want the in everything. How odd is that???

I have no, like positivly none at all, no sympathy for sick people (regular everyday sicknesses) Not a good trait in a 'mom and wife' (June Clever I am not! Ha!)

I cry easier.

I no longer can enjoy a cold DRINKMENT soda END DRINKMENT
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Apr 12, 2006 11:15 am

Before I comment on anything else, it just struck me that FOODMENT onions END FOODMENT may be the cause of Hailey's screaming fit. It's one of the top offenders in that dept. from what I've read.

I'm only beginning to get in touch with how pissed off I am at hg for the lingering physical effects, not to mention the emotional.

GRR! ARGH!
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » Apr 12, 2006 11:25 am

It's not the foodment, I tried that one.

I hear ya on the anger!!!!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby karolinagurl20 » Apr 12, 2006 6:38 pm

i too still get dizzy although its not as long of spells and i dont get cold i just get hormonal hot and then sweat and then cold and wet. I also seem to be able to go more than i probably should cause i almost passed out in walmart on monday. Im so freakin tired and my head is hurting most of the time. Wow i could possibly complain for another 50 pages but i know that im better i just have to keep being patient i know i'll have to be normal again right? Women do normal things again and enjoy the rest of their lives post hg right? Emotional boy i hate the flashbacks the most i think also the fear i have weird fears like dh is going to die or ds is going to have s.i.d.s. i wake up, no waking up would mean that i had fallen asleep its more like im jumpy every five minutes when ds is in the bed i just worry he's not breathing. We will conquer! WE WILL!!! Kayla
severe HG
1st and last timer
karolinagurl20
Been There Done That

Postby mrsbigdog » Apr 12, 2006 10:35 pm

I've still got the cold thing going too. It's been unseasonably warm here (about 80 today) and I was walking around the house with a heavy sweater on because I was chilled! My husband wants to turn the air conditioner on but I'm protesting.

My nails have not recovered. As a matter of fact my 17 yr old was grossed out last night to see my nails actually bend.

I still haven't regained my strength and find that very hard to deal with sometimes.

Overall I think I've gotten most of my life back physically but mentally I've got a long way to go yet.
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG