Back ache

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Back ache

Postby mandy » Aug 28, 2004 9:15 am

Hi,

I am still suffering from lower back ache over 2yrs after having my son. His birth weight was high - 9lbs and the constant lifting of him ever since has surely done my back no good at all. Am I suffering alone? Anybody solved their problem? I have been to the dr, been told all the sensible things by physio's on correct lifting, sleeping etc but I still find myself with this problem. Please has anyone any tips as to good exercises etc.

I have had hg twice, two high birth weight babies, pelvis problems with my second which was when the back ache kicked in. I would appreciate any replies, I know this is not directly related to hg but know how helpful all you guys are!
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

back aches

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 29, 2004 3:02 am

Mandy,

I have chronic back problems, since hs...chiropractics has always been a tremendous help. Perhaps childbirth pushed something out of alignment and a chiro could help you.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Natalie » Aug 29, 2004 7:41 am

Hi Mandy

Have you tried going to an Osteopath? I went to one for my back / neck problems and although I'm not totally cured, he was really helpful. He gave me a diagnosis, ways to reduce the problems and associated pain and gave me some temporary relief by manipulating and contorting my spine. Sounds painful, but I can highy recommend it. There are some differences between a Chiropractor and an Osteopath but I can't for the life of me remember what they are!

Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby mandy » Sep 02, 2004 3:08 am

Thanks Suzanne and Natalie.
I have decided to do back exercises for a month and see if that improves it. If not I will research what you have both said and decide which way to go. I looked around on the internet and found that with the pelvic condition I had, the muscles get weak so do not support the back properly so I am trying to build those muscles up first to see if that's my problem. Thanks for giving me more avenues to look into. Much appreciated!
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG