what's new for you since HG?

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

what's new for you since HG?

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 27, 2006 4:44 pm

What weird diagnoses have you had since HG? I know the research surveys cover this, but I'd be curious to see what we all have in common postpartum.

Since HG:

fibromyalgia
PTSD
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Jolene » Feb 27, 2006 6:04 pm

I have had Bacterial Vaginitis, which turned into (???) yeast infection which in turn has been downgraded to "hmmmm...there is no sign of infection or yeast, must be low estrogen." Itching down there SUCKS! I blame it on HG! I know - maybe unreasonable - but I have to blame it on something!
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby Gracie » Feb 27, 2006 6:41 pm

Suzanne,

I agree, it would also be interesting to know what meds people were on for the HG. I know that I have been worried about long-term effects after the nasty Reglan reaction... but since I am still in the midst of the HG and on all the meds (except Reglan); the rest will all be a surprise to me.

I wonder what percentage of women with no previous history of GERD (reflux) but now have it post-HG due to all the vomiting...
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby Terri » Mar 10, 2006 6:45 pm

I did notice after my last pregnancy, that I choke a lot more often. You know when something goes down the wrong tube? That happens to me ALL the time since then. I attributed it to all the vomiting, degenerating the esophagus.
~~Terri
Cassidy Joan HG 06/07/01
Mystery Baby HG Due 08/14/06
Terri
Been There Done That

Postby Atsie » Mar 10, 2006 6:55 pm

I have learned these past two weeks that I have a much stronger gag reflex. I used to be able handle BM's and Muscus with no probs at work but now I find I gag so much, I heave. The funny thing is if I am talking it is no problem. So I pray (at those times its like all I can remember) or says the ABC's or some nonesense.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby rjdecker » Mar 13, 2006 11:09 pm

Reflux, PPD, and now possibly endometriosis.

Had the high BP and fibromyalgia long before I ever got pg.

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby caleighbelle47 » Mar 14, 2006 12:59 am

Erin, my gag reflex is majorly sensitive now too. I can hardly handle poopy diapers now. And I used to be able to watch gross medical stuff on tv like surgeries and now it makes me gag.

I don't know if mine is HG related but I have serious insomnia now. I just cannot fall asleep on my own anymore. I can easily go to 3am without even feeling a little bit tired. It's so irritating when the babies wake up by 7am.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby BrandiJK » Mar 16, 2006 8:49 pm

As I said before, still fresh in non-HG world. My gag reflex is up around certain things. Most of my aversions, though, are frommy 'safe' foods while pg. We shall see how this changes.

Outside of that...I experianced a horseness of voice right after Hailey was born, and still have it. I did not scream at all, so I am not sure why this has happened. But it seems to be hanging about. Anyone else have this, and did it ever go away, or will I sound like this forever?
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG