Freezing hands and feet???

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Freezing hands and feet???

Postby Gracie » Feb 27, 2006 4:37 pm

Since about 10 wks into this pregnancy, I've noticed that I can feel hot, even flushed all over but my hands & feet are constantly freezing both in feeling and to the touch... It actually gets painful enough sometimes that I have to take a hot shower or bath to get them to warm.

Anyone else have this?
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 27, 2006 4:43 pm

I did the oppostite when pg...always hot hot hot. Normally, low blood pressure means cold hands and feet for me.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Jolene » Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm

I don't have cold hands or feet but, now this is weird, I do have a cold butt! I mean my butt feels like ice to the touch! What is that about?

You should get those little hot packs you can keep in your socks!
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby bibliojo » Feb 27, 2006 8:18 pm

I've been having freezing toes and hands this pregnancy too. I was hoping it was just because it's winter here in Canada but it does seem odd to be inside a warm house and have to regularily take a bath to warm up the toes and fingers.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby BrandiJK » Feb 27, 2006 11:35 pm

::::::Raises hands::::::: I have the cold butt too!!!! Dh about jumps out of bed if I happen to touch him with my rear! :lol: Glad I am not the only one!!

Gracie, through out most of this pg I have suffered from cold. My hands and feet got it the worst, and man, at time it hurt like crazy!! I even wore socks and got slippers, and I hate anything on my feet. It is better most times now, though I still dive into a hot shower about once a day to warm up. (It used to be several times a day) I think it could be low blood pressure, it could be poor circulation. Have you tried working out your extremities while on bed rest? Wiggling your toes and fingers a bit? Does that help at all?

I also used to keep a hot pad under my pillow to tuck my hands into, and that helped some.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Mar 17, 2006 3:05 am

Sounds like low bp, and perhaps sluggish circulation? I normally have both, but during pg it was the opposite. I was always hot, even during the winter months here in Norway! Maybe ask your doc about it next time you go?

Hugs

Sarah

PS--Ladies with cold butts, get your men to warm em :wink: Give em a booby prize (pun intended) when they do! :D
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby Atsie » Mar 17, 2006 10:13 pm

I had that. And it was so funny because I am always hot. To be cold was so new. DH made me wear socks to bed. He couldn't stand how cold my feet were. I would shower 3-4 times a day (third tri, and by shower I mean lean against the wall getting wet) just to warm up!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby krisalis » Mar 24, 2006 6:07 pm

My hands and feet are always cold! I'm normally cold anyway, but being pregnant has warmed up the rest of me, just not the hands and feet. When I use the computer my mouse hand feels like ice. Today, the weirdest thing... I was lying in bed, toasty warm. My feet were sweating even, but they were still cold! Odd.

Kris
krisalis
HG Expert

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG