Urinary Tract Infections

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Urinary Tract Infections

Postby Erinf » Jan 30, 2006 2:05 pm

Hi! I just went to the urologist and he confirmed that I yet again have another UTI. I have had them for almost a year (throughout the pregnancy and since William was born). He's putting me on Bactrim for 30 days and I have to have a cystoscopy (sp?). I had an IVP test and a sono that were normal so he's not thinking it's anything serious. Has anyone else experienced this during or after HG? I am really scared about the test.

~Erin :?

P.S. The doc and I are thinking that my frequent UTIs are the cause of the dizziness & shakiness (recent post).
Erinf
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Feb 04, 2006 5:36 pm

How did your test go, Erin? I've had occasional bladder infections during and after pregnancy, and my dad has always been prone to UTIs--and he was just diagnosed with diabetes. That's enough to scare me! I hope it turns out to be nothing serious for you.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Erinf » Feb 11, 2006 12:09 pm

I had the cystoscopy and my bladder looks fine :D . They gave me comemerative photos to show my husband of my bladder (gross!). I thought they were going to sedate me, but they just used numbing gel. It turned out to not be that uncomfortable, just a little weird.

I've had loads of tests run on me and the docs just think my body is in shock due to the HG and thats why I keep getting UTIs, vertigo, shakiness etc. My new internist (I switched because my old one was an idiot) is great! She wants me to take lots of vitamins, eat alot of food, and rest. She also had HG during one of her pregnancies and is very sensitive to post-partum HG effects. She also thinks my anxiety medicine is causing alot of my problems so I may switch in a few weeks if the symptoms don't get better.

How long does it take to feel like yourself again? Any ballpark figures?

~Erin :D
Erinf
Welcomed Friend

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG