kissing problems

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

kissing problems

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 06, 2004 11:22 pm

Anyone else find kissing their partner difficult? :shock: :roll: Poor dh, I finally told him that kissing can feel like suffocation, and he was much relieved. Not thrilled, mind you, but relieved to hear it wasn't him. . .he thought I repulsed him. But after the hg, I kind of like my mouth free of all obstacles, even some foods. I used to like kissing dh quite a lot. . .now I panic. . . 8) great, eh? Anyone else?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby akemt » Feb 09, 2005 8:43 pm

YES!!!

It kind of offends dh, but I don't know how to explain it let alone get over it! I can't even hold things in my teeth (pen/pencil, thread, needle, etc) for a second like I used to! It makes me feel like my throat is starting to constrict or something...

Do you get that? How long after a HG pregnancy has it been for you? This has been going on since 2003 here though I had another in 2004.
Catherine
1 HG, PIH, Oligo pregnancy March 2003
1 borderline HG, PIH pregnancy July 2004
akemt

Postby aaronsmommy » Feb 10, 2005 12:14 am

Oh yeah, it took a long time for me to feel normal about having anything in my mouth. I didn't eat at all when pg and even food felt strange and sort of unpleasant for a while (though it tasted good). I had the nicest fingernails for a long time even though I got fired and had to look for another job and think about suing my old employer and I usually do chew on them when I get stressed.
It's gone now, I can't tell you exactly when though.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby alisonc8 » Feb 10, 2005 12:07 pm

You know, it never occurred to me that the gagging sensation I feel when I hold something between my teeth might be because of HG! I feel like I can't breathe, like my throat is closing up. It never used to be a problem....
Well, at least now there's a theory! Thanks ladies.
Alison
Laura 10/25/96
Erin 3/17/04
My beautiful HG girlies
alisonc8

Postby kirsty » Feb 10, 2005 10:33 pm

me too! absolutely the same with kissing and things in my mouth.
Kirsty
kirsty
Welcomed Friend

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG