Chronic Fatigue Symptoms after HG?

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Chronic Fatigue Symptoms after HG?

Postby katismommy » Feb 08, 2005 10:02 pm

Three years after my last HG experience and I am now trying to battle something that my Dr can only diagnose as Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia because he can't find much else to pin it on. I am so tired ALL the time! Feel like I did when I had HG, so weak and tired, muscle aches, exhaustion after any exertion, cleaning house, taking kids to the store, sometimes even after taking a shower I need a 3-4 hour nap. I can't seem to loose any weight either since my daughter was born! I was a very active athletic runner/person before HG - now I am not even a shadow of the person I was before.
Has anyone else experienced this type of fatigue after HG?
katismommy

yup

Postby IslandDreamer » Feb 09, 2005 12:39 am

Hi There,

Here's a link to a post I made a while ago. There seems to be some anecdotal evidence that autoimmune disorders and hg can come together. But from what I understand, pregnancy can trigger autoimmune issues without having had hg. Here is the link: http://www.hyperemesis.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=527

For me the fatigue was blamed on postpartum depression, but it could very well have been from the hg or the fibro or all three. I think many of us face long term concerns from the hg. It's frustrating.

What sorts of treatment have you tried? I am still religious with my B6 and am on Prozac for the ppd, but the rheumatologist also prescribed it for the fibromyalgia. If I don't take Prozac, I notice soreness in my elbow joints within a week...so it works pretty well for both of my conditions.

I'm sorry you are suffering because of HG.

Come and share more of your story when you feel able.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby akemt » Feb 09, 2005 7:44 pm

I definately have some chronic fatigue symptoms. My husband and I have been discussing it off and on since my delivery in March 2003. I've been wondering about autoimmune disorders as well though haven't even been diagnosed as having chronic fatigue. I have two children under the age of two - so who expects to get alot of sleep anyway? Though even when I do, I still feel tired. When I compare it to pre-pregnancy it doesn't add up. I was an EMT and would go on calls all hours of the day and night but still had plenty of energy with that interrupted sleep. There are so many possibilities of what could be wrong with me though.....LOL Anxiety, depression, overweight, sahm of two under two, sleep deprived, etc, etc so I'm leary of going to a doctor and saying "this is wrong- fix it" and having them tell me it is one of the above and I just have to deal with it. I don't have the fibromyalgia symptoms that I know of.

I am a member of the preeclampsia foundation forums and this very subject has been brought up there recently as well. One of our ladies was just diagnosed as having kidney issues (2 years PP) and that is what was causing her all these symptoms. Just thought I'd pass that on too. There are also links between preeclampsia and autoimmune disorders...didn't know about HG!

If you find anything out, let me know! I feel like this can't be normal either, but there isn't really anything blaringly wrong for me to pinpoint.
Catherine
1 HG, PIH, Oligo pregnancy March 2003
1 borderline HG, PIH pregnancy July 2004
akemt

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG