Flashbacks?

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Flashbacks?

Postby tharpster » Dec 14, 2004 12:28 am

I haven't been on in a long while. My daughter is almost 14 months old so it's been that long since I threw up.

I had food poisoning last week on Thurs and threw up all night. Diarreha (sp?) and the whole thing. I lived in 3rd world countries for several years and usually that did the trick. But this time it morphed into feeling like HG. The excessive salivation, the absolute intolerance for smells of any kind, the gas, the retching even while walking down the street. I told someone that if I didn't know better, I'd say I was pregnant. It's been four days now and the symptoms are subsiding but not gone. I feel like I'm stuck in a loop. Only I don't know how to get out of it this time. Is it all in my head? Is there something wrong with my digestive track now? Is this a flashback?

Confused. Freaked out. And depressed.

Theresa
Mackenzie, 10/25/03
tharpster

Postby HGx3 » Dec 15, 2004 2:35 am

Its a flashback!!! You are clearly sick, but once you have suffered thru hg, at least for me, anytime I get sick to my stomach I feel like I did when I was pg.....smells, etc. It just sucks!!!!!!! I have had a stomach virus since my last hg baby....6months ago.....I swore I was pg!!!!!! Even took a test, but it was all viral....You will survive, hang in there, it will pass soon!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG