HELP - Questions about a rash after delivery

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

HELP - Questions about a rash after delivery

Postby Armymommy » Aug 11, 2005 11:11 am

Hi ladies... I delivered my daughter on the 31st and have been slowly developing a rash on my legs.... it is spreading... it seems to be like what developed in my stretch marks while I was pregnant.... I took Zofran, B12-complex and unisom for my entire pregnancy.... has anyone else had such a reaction... and could it have been related to what I took during pregnancy...

also I was induced and had pitocin and had an epidural.....

Anyone else out there?
Armymommy

Postby Trudy » Aug 11, 2005 6:12 pm

I also was induced (sort of), had pitocin and an epidural but ended up with a c-section. I didn't get a rash but I did get part of 1 leg, just above my knee, went totally numb. It's only just now, 14 months later, starting to come right. Maybe a reaction to the epi? Have you got it checked out?

Trudy
Trudy

3x HG Pregnancies
Abby and Laura went to heaven Oct 2002
Beth born 21 May 2004
Adam born 7th Feb 2006

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".
Trudy
Forum Moderator

Postby HGx3 » Aug 11, 2005 7:16 pm

Hmmmm. I am not sure. HAve you asked your doctor? If it is continuing to sread, I would give him a call. I would think that if it was a reaction to a medication used during your delivery, it should be getting better from here on out, and not worse. Please call just to make sure you are okay.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum